WidenersReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Load DataInline FabricationRepackboxRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision

Thread: For thought and meditation

Boolit Master

For thought and meditation

From the end of the earth I will cry to You, when my heart is overwhelmed; lead me to the rock that is higher than I."

—Psalm 61:2

Are you facing a personal crisis right now? Maybe it’s a lack of employment. Maybe it’s a foreclosure on your home or a loss in your investments. Maybe your marriage is falling apart or you have a son or daughter who is away from the Lord. Maybe you have a life-threatening illness. Or maybe you’re paralyzed by fear as you think about an uncertain future.

When we’re facing a crisis, we like to have a backup plan. Then we like to have a backup plan for the backup plan. Then we have a backup plan for the backup plan for the backup plan. But sometimes the Lord will allow us to be in a set of circumstances where there are no backup plans. There is no safety net. There is no way out but Him.

In Acts, chapter 12, that is what we see the early church facing. Things were looking very bleak. Herod had put James to death, and then he arrested Peter. If God did not come through for him, it would be a complete disaster. So what did the believers do? They prayed.

Philippians 4:6–7 tells us, “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.”

And David wrote, “Hear my cry, O God; attend to my prayer. From the end of the earth I will cry to You, when my heart is overwhelmed; lead me to the rock that is higher than I” (Psalm 61:1–2).

God promises that He will give us a peace that passes understanding, but not necessarily a peace that always will give understanding. When you are overwhelmed, pray.
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Boolit Master

Great lesson for this day and all days - Best to start with the Lord before all other plans. Thanks rl69
    Being human is not for sissies.

Peace like a river, indeed he has given it to me. There is nothing like it.

Good one RL, thank you brother!

All my plans inevitably fail. His plan never fails.
    Thanks rl.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Moderator Emeritus

The more necessary our peace and contentment in our faith, the harder it seems to be to find and keep and hold it. "Oh ye of little faith" keeps echoing in my mind, and because of our faith, we can keep putting one foot ahead of the other until the situation works its way out. "Not my will but thine be done" also echoes and bounces around in my mind also. We were never promised what we WANT. Just what we NEED, and sometimes, what we want isn't what we need. And via experience, I learned that lesson well! I had my wants. God had his. God won! No surprise there. And the more we fight God's will, the less progress we make, and the less satisfaction we have in life.

What a wonderful Lord we serve, who guides us even when we resist Him! Praised be His holy name forever!