RepackboxInline FabricationTitan ReloadingLoad Data
WidenersLee PrecisionReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: heck of a day yesterday

Epilepsy runs in my family too. My mother and my son both have it. Grand Mal seizures happened to them both but medication made it a non issue for them both too. I wish you best health and a speedy recovery. Now that you know, you can begin to deal with it and get your life back.

Prayers for healing and control. Had a boy in my class that had a couple Gran Mals, scared the bejebers out of us 1st graders when we saw it happen. Teachers told us to put a pencil in his mouth if he had an attack & try to restrain him. Good luck with that, he was a big kid.
    Whatever!

Boolit Grand Master

Sorry to hear that, Lloyd. Epilepsy can be controlled as we are now light years beyond what we were a few decades ago. Once you hit the right dosage and medicine you should be good to go.

Scary stuff but doable. Your in my prayers.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master
    Popper, that was the wrong thing to tell you. The procedure is to move stuff out of the way so a person doesn't injure their head. Keep sticks, spoons and pencils out of the mouth. Especially your fingers. And no, the afflicted person cannot swallow his tongue.. altho he will chew it up pretty bad.

The last time I was in the hospital for a seizure I noticed several tongue depressors with thick gauze pads taped to them and stuck on the wall over my bed. I asked the nurse why they were there. I then told them to remove them and never attempt to stick anything into my mouth if I was to have another seizure. Patients Rights worked well at that point. I did suggest that they brush up on current procedures.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Grand Master

" Just another pill in the pile I already take for old age"

Boy, isn't that the truth. I take so many I rattle in the mornings, and again at bed time. And a side effect of most of them makes me drowsy. The rest contribute to a lack of energy or cause pain, but there is another pill for that.
    The only thing I can for sure say they fix, is the thickness of my bill fold. But than I'm not one to tempt fate by stopping them.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Banned

saw the shoulder doc and had a brain wave test yesterday. While kind of saw the shoulder doc. As usual they give you a PA that cant make decisions. First the emergency room xray wasn't good enough so they wanted another one. Then that one isn't good enough so I have to go in tommarow for a ct scan. She said it looked like I might need surgery and plate to fix the shoulder but I have to see the doc first. Now why couldn't I see the doc the first time. Why if they couldn't read the xray didn't they right away do a ct scan. Its just bs to make money. Same thing goes for the brain scan. Never saw a doctor once. A kid with a high school diploma and on the job training does the test. Now ive got to go back for another appointment to have it read by the doctor!

Boolit Grand Master

If you have ins, especially good ins, the tests and evaluations never end. It is the reason our health ins is in such rotten shape. Between the ambulance chasers and the Docs covering their butts, the health industry has become a racket.
    Loyd, my grandson had seizures since birth. He (now 17) has been on medication for the last 14 years and has had only one mild episode. It took quite a while to regulate the meds, but with adjustments as he grew, they work.
    It's another case of a once dreaded disease being brought under control.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Master

Watching this thread
    Mike
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Boolit Master
    In the olden days people with epilepsy were thought to be possessed by the devil and subsequently " disappeared".
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Banned

my wife might actually agree with that one!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom W. View Post
    In the olden days people with epilepsy were thought to be possessed by the devil and subsequently " disappeared".

Banned

well heres where I am now. CT scan showed the shoulder is broke but its broke in a place that has lots of muscle attached and the surgeon thinks its better to try to take it easy and let it heal without cutting. Brain scan showed some abnomalitys on one side and a small bright spot. The neurologist wants a mri but to do it I have to have the metal spinal stimulator in my back removed. I don't use it anymore anyway and if its not a major ordeal wouldn't mind it out anyway. So as it is I have an appointment to see the back surgeon next week to discuss it. Are we having fun yet?????

Boolit Master
    Lloyd you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Moderator Emeritus

Lloyd....sounds like your plate is still full.....I am praying for a positive outcome for you brother....you sure could use some relief!

Father, Please bring relief and comfort to Lloyd. He is in need of the kind of help that only You can supply through the medical doctors can supply. Please guide him down the right path so that Lloyd can get the help that he needs so that his problems can be properly diagnosed and that Your will be done through the doctors. AMEN
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Moderator Emeritus

They tried to implant the leads for one of those spinal stims in my back. Couldn't get past the bone spurs...

Moderator Emeritus

Wow, Lloyd! That's tough news! You're in my prayers, and will be for at least a while. Like Smoke said, life throws things at you, without your consent and, in accord with the infamous "Murphy's Law," right when you need it the least, or at least seemingly so. Sure keeps us older folks humbled, doesn't it? When I was a kid, I noted older folks seemed pretty uniformly humble. I noted it but didn't have a clue, and thought it must be from attaining "the wisdom of old age." How little I knew! It's from EXPERIENCE! But how could a little kid know, without that experience???

The meds they have now seem to usually do a very good job of minimizing the effects. And long term epileptics tell me they generally get some pre-episode "signals" that they're about to have a relapse. And most of them I know still DO drive, so ...... keep on keepin' on. There's really not a lot of choice, is there?

Banned

I don't know if its MI law or fed law but the doc said I cant legally drive for 6 months. They don't turn my name into the dmv or anything but if I get in a wreck I can and will be prosecuted and would open my self of to law suites. told my wife I will play the game and do everything the doctors say for a while. But come November I'm heading to hunting camp one way or the other.

Boolit Grand Master

It will be your State law that determines that. Six months seizure free is pretty common in the states for resuming driving. Don't take the chance, grab a ride to camp with a friend, and have someone with you when you are out in the woods. Probably not necessary, but at this point it's wise not to take chances when it's not necessary.

You are in my prayers too.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Moderator Emeritus

There are a number of reasons for your doctors restriction....you dont want to have an episode and hurt or kill someone.....I for one want you around for all that you contribute to our Cast Boolits family! If you dont have anymore episodes you should be restored and you have protected your family, yourself, and your community. I know this does not help....but like I said I count you as a friend and I want you around.....Paul
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    Stay out of tree stands for a while. A box blind or pop up blind will be better for a while. You sure don't want to fall!
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Moderator Emeritus

I have been looking at the pop up blinds for deer hunting, how are they for entry/exit? With a bad back/knees/hips I am not as flexible as I used t be so need easy entry. Has to be portable because I hunt public land. Looking at it for bow(crossbow in my case) season.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast