RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLoad Data
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionWidenersReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication

Thread: A nice anniversary .. .

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar

A nice anniversary .. .

Today, my wife and I celebrated our 45th wedding anniversary . . . and neither of us knows where the years have gone but it sure has been a great time. We didn't have any big plans . . . went in to the nearest city and hit a couple of antique shops and did some errands - then decided go to a restaurant we haven't been to in a long time for lunch. That's where the best part of the day happened!

We had a nice young lady seat us in a booth, give us menus, etc. She asked if we were avoiding the race traffic (thee is a race at MIS where we life - NASCAR). I smiled and told her that we had hit a couple of antique shops and then decided to stop for lunch as it was our 45th anniversary. Her eyes got big and she asked "Really? Wow! Not too many people can say that. I got married a year ago. Can I ask you something?"

Both my wife and I smiled and answered "sure".

She than asked, "What's your secret?"

I looked over at my wife and then looked up at her and said, "Forgive and forget. Never go to bed mad at each other, and respect and love your partner like they are the most important thing in life."

Her reply was that she and her husband never let a disagreement grow in to a big argument and she thanked us. Our waitress came, took our order and we had a wonderful lunch.
    the waitress brought us the bill and we laid the money down . .. and to our surprise, the hosts came and picked it up. Then she said, "Please don't leave yet. I'll be right back." She then left the table.

We sat for a couple of minutes and the hostess came back carrying a dessert - their speciality - bread strips of some kind with nuts, cinnamon, some other special goodies on top and topped with drizzled frosting. She sat it down and said, "In celebration of your anniversary, I'd like you to have a free dessert on us. And thank you for telling me your secret! I am going to tell my husband about you two as soon as I get home!"

We thanked her greatly and talked about how nice it was of her to do that for us. We saw her on the way out and thanked her again. It was a really sweet andncie thing for her to do.

For the rest of the day, I've thought about that young woman and her kindness to us. My wife and I don't have children and not much family left, so her gesture to us made our day even more special. Young people get a bad rap these days and I'm just as guilty at times of doing it. But, her gesture reminded me that there are a lot of good kids out there. Some young man is a lucky fellow with a nice wife and some set of parents have a daughter that they should be very proud of. Forty five years ago we started out . . . that young lady is still a newlywed . . . but I have no doubt that she and her husband will make it to forty five and hopefully, a lot of years beyond.

We couldn't have asked for a better day!

Moderator Emeritus

Congrats Mr and Mrs bedbugbilly.....45 years is a great milestone and I am truly happy for you two....we will have 41 years in December and like you said....it has gone in a blink of an eye and I promise you that we would do it again! Mrs buckwheatpaul and I wish you two the very best.....Paul
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    Congrats to yall, that is indeed a big milestone. I joke with my wife, each time she asks how long we've been married I add another 5-10 to the number, we're up to 130 years now. Sounds like you got a real treat at the restaurant and a great waitress as well. Hope you have just as good a time next year when it rolls around again.
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Boolit Master

Thank you for the post, and congratulations to you both.
    Ole Jack
    "'Necesity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of Tyrants: it is the creed of slaves."
    William Pitt, 1783
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we faulter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln.

Boolit Master

bedbugbilly congratulations to you and the Mrs. It sounds like you two have found the secret alright. You had a very nice day and rightly so. I am glad you were able to influence a young couple and perhaps many more with your anniversary milestone. My wish for you two is for many more anniversaries. We need more stable marriages than we have had. I believe the family unit is one of the bedrocks of a healthy country.
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Just celebrated 48 this week, visited mom & went to eat at a place with really good steak & salmon ( hers). Get her a nice new light powered watch to boot. No secrets, just learn to live with somebody.
    Whatever!

My wife and I just got home from our oldest son's wedding. Congratulations on 45 years.
    The Bill of Rights - Void were prohibited by law.
    Soap Box, Ballot Box, Jury Box, Ammo Box. Which one of these is still working properly?
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyR...83SK1hk2GT-Jqg

Boolit Master

Congratulations and thanks for sharing this!
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Grand Master

Happy Anniversary! And thanks for the cool story. Me and Mine have #42 approaching. Everything you told the young lady is spot on.

Boolit Grand Master

My parents made 64 and we are almost 55. Respect and honor, forgive and forget, are what has worked for us.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Master

congrats on the the big 45! My wife and I are right behind you guy's at 41+. No real secrets, just treat her like you want to be treated and mean what you say when your standing in front of the preacher saying your vows. They really are more than just words!
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years (Abe Lincoln)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington