MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Inline FabricationRepackbox
Load DataLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
PBcastco Wideners

Thread: My score on a nice mouse gun arrived today !

Banned

Smile My score on a nice mouse gun arrived today !

Concealed carry is difficult at the Southern end of US 1. Fishing shorts and T-shirts just can't hide a 1911.
    But with a Sticky brand pocket holster this will vanish. Minty little thing w/box, instructions and extra magazine for chump change. CCI mini-mag HPs will work.

(These are good folks to buy from)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170726101122-7010.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	48.0 KB 
ID:	201964

Is that a Beretta Bobcat? I have one, it likes CCI Velocitors, I tried Winchester high velocity shells in it but didn't have any luck, they need a pretty stout 22 shell to cycle.

Boolit Master

Definitely Beretta
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Master

I won one at a state PPC match back in my LE career. I never shot it as I had a Colt Pony for a back up gun at the time. I swapped it for something that has long since escaped my memory. I thought that it was a pretty well made handgun for a "mouse gun."
    Keep your powder dry,

Scharf

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master

I knew a fellow that had lost his left hand in a logging accident. A little Beretta was all he carried. No need to rack the slide to get it into battery. Very slick...
    Fact: Some people are alive simply because it's illegal to kill them.

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    I had one for quite a while and shot it ALOT. VERY important to carry a toothbrush and short cleaning rod with bronze brush! You want to keep breech face and feed ramp clean. Also VERY important to brush chamber every 100 rounds or so, because chamber leads up and gets dirty.

I found CCI Mini Mags to be most reliable and used those for carry. Every other brand had at least one misfire in a box and was OK for practicing malfunction clearing drills. Use nothing but original Beretta mags! Reliability was why I ditched the .22 mousegun for a .32 ACP when the Tomcat came out. No rimfire ammo is as reliable as centerfire!

Replaced the Beretta 21A with original blued model .32 ACP Tomcat which I carried for two years and put about 1000 rounds through that one before the frame cracked. Beretta replaced the blued model with an INOX stainless version which then I carried for six years and put 2000 rounds through that one before the frame cracked, and by then Beretta had stopped repairing or replacing them, so I sold the broken gun for parts and used the proceeds towards a basic original model Ruger LCP in .380 which I still have.

After running 1000 rounds through my #1 LCP in the first year with no drips, runs or errors I bought a second one to carry as a New York Reload accessible to weak hand. The Ruger LCPs eat anything and shoot well. I shoot them a lot and they work.

Attachment 202045

My experience has been that NO .22 LR HP will expand in gelatin out of the short barrel, not even Stingers. I opted for reliability and penetration and stuck with LR solids, although I did fool with some other ammos. Some targets fired with the Beretta 21A during some function tests of Super-X HPs.

Attachment 202042 Attachment 202041
    Last edited by Outpost75; 08-16-2017 at 09:20 PM.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    I never thought I'd say this about a handgun but that little critter is just downright cute! Congrats and enjoy!

I have a Bobcat and a Minx. The Bobcat eats anything I feed it, no problems and is fairly accurate
    for small as it is. It is probably the best 22 of this size avaible.Attachment 202043Attachment 202044

Boolit Grand Master
    A friend of mine has a Taurus copy of that Beretta 21A that is hard chromed and surprisingly accurate. Now, don't throw your bull-barrel Rugers into the waste can and rush out looking for one as a replacement, but 6 inch 20 yard groups from a dinky little gun like that is pretty respectable.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Grand Master
    I don't trust 22 LR HPs to expand on rats & varmints, my usual targets with rimfire ammo. The field effects of CCI "SGB" ammo are pretty impressive. They are far more decisive in effect than are solids or HPs, IME. They disappeared for 6-7 years, but I had a small stash squirreled away for hunting. I am now down to about 300 count of these excellent rounds. They--like all of the Mini-Mag CCI line of ammo--have been the most reliable make of rimfire ammo I have ever used. They run in all of my rimfire arms, even the 2 Cotillion Debutantes (Win M-290 and SIG Mosquito) that have steak & lobster ammo tastes. If I was to carry a 22 LR as bad-guy-stopper, the SGBs would get the nod.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Moderator Emeritus

I'll never forget the first time I shot one of those little Berettas! It left twin gashes in the web of my shooting hand, where the slide cut me for about a 1" length! That lil' booger bites BACK for some of us! I've long admired them, and that little tip-up feature, but they just don't like me.

And as to the caliber, I always try to remember that old truism, "The number one rule in a gunfight is to 'HAVE A GUN!' " Those little guns have been used many times to defend folks effectively. No, it's not a .45, but as you observe, down here where it's awfully hot in summer, one NEEDS a small gun in order to ensure you'll always be armed, very nearly 24/7/365. When I carry, I forget it unless there's some sort of alarm, and my hand instantly goes to my pocket. But when I'm UN-armed, even when necessary, I really feel uncomfortable and a bit "naked."

Little guns CAN be hard to shoot, BUT .... they're learnable, IF you just shoot them enough to learn them and the techniques needed to make them work well for you and in YOUR hands. I just wish they didn't bite me! (sigh) Like the Rolling Stones said, "you can't always get what you want!"

We have two of the Taurus PT22 copies. 100% with CCI mini mags with eyeball accuracy at 20ft.
    I still want a Beretta Jetfire .25 just because.
    A friend has a .22 short Minx that is amazingly accurate.
    Funny thing I had to file down the front sight on both PT22s to get them sighted in.
    Best, Thomas.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Nice looking but just a little too small for me to trust my life with T-shirt and shorts is a P938 for me but the first rule of a gun fight is to bring a gun LOL
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Boolit Buddy
    I have a baretta like that in 32acp. That thing can shoot! Nothing wrong with a 22 pocket gun.

Boolit Master
    I have one that I bought NIB several years ago. It has turned out to be one of my favorite mouseguns, and I have quite a few.

One thing I learned was that it took a LOT of shooting to "shoot it in". They say 200 rounds, but it was closer to 500 rounds before it was totally reliable. I found out that mine refused anything but high-velocity round nose solid-points of 40 grains. CCI extended hyper-velocity cases did not work. Truncated cone or hollow-point bullets did not work. Lightweight hyper-velocity std. length cases did not work. The only thing I found in the first 500 rounds that would work reliably was Winchester Super-X 1300fps cartridges. After about 500 rounds, I went back and tried some others again (like the 1280fps version) and they were reliable by then, also. I have not gone back to try the other types, but there may be some of them that would work, now.

Like others here, I have found that it is my most accurate mousegun. It is more accurate than it has a right to be. I really like the easy way the barrel tilts up for safely charging it. It will conceal in just about everything I own. Still, it is only a .22LR. I am still trying other mouseguns and still have not found perfection. My latest attempt is a S&W M-631ti airweight in .32 H&R Magnum. It looks pretty good, but there are still a few issues to work out.

Vendor Sponsor

Don't have a Berretta, but I do have several Sticky Holsters and they work extremely well for mouse guns up to mid size CZ82/G23 to a full size Glock 21.

Can't go wrong for $25.

You can carry them in many different locations on your body like strong side, cross draw, appendix, small of back, just by shoving it in your waist band in different places, with the gun in the holster. The holster stays behind when you draw because of the surface of the material and then you remove it, replace the gun and then replace the holster in the waist band.

Mouse guns go in a pocket and these holsters protect the gun from lint and accidental discharge so you don't shoot your pee pee.

Now they have adapters so you can hang them in your car or around your home and still use the holster to carry on you.

These things are Excellent Products! I have 4!

Here's a pic of my mouse gun. I wear shorts 75% of the year out here in SoCal and you can't see it. I Don't carry in CA, but if I leave the state I do.

The good thing about mouse guns is they are light and don't drag your pants down so you have Plumbers Butt. Nobody likes to see that at Walmart.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com