Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLee Precision
WidenersRepackboxReloading EverythingLoad Data
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: WTT: new 379 H & I die for .377

WTT: new 379 H & I die for .377

and I will trade it for your as new Lyman H & I sizing die, .377 diameter. If you have a 376 die I would consider that too.

Thanks for looking.
    "He who has gone, so we but cherish his memory, abides with us, more potent, nay, more present, than the living man."
    Antoine de Saint-Expuéry

Steelbanger, NRA Life
    PRPA, Annual member

Boolit Master
    I don"t know if this applies to you but I had a similar WTB and got a helpful reply from missionary5155 (mike in Peru) .I had a Marlin 336RC rebored by Jess in Oregon to 38-55 ,Jess said 376 works best but Mike said try the 379 (I bought and cast with ) before hearing 1st from Jess ,seems Mike"s been there /done that and I can tell you the 379 shoots great . Then again this might not apply to you ,just saying /Ed

Boolit Master
    Maybe just me but I have trouble getting brass to even hold .376-.377 bullets using a Lyman neck sizer. .379 bullets are gripped good and chamber easily.

This particular 38-55 was rebored by Jess and his work is really pleasing. The rifle I chose to hunt with is a T/C Encore which was factory chambered for the 223 Rem. I started with part boxes of 38-55 reloads from my two Marlins which were both shooting great groups with 379 bullets. The only trouble I had in trying these loads was a tightness with the chamber where some loads refused to lock up the action. This morning I'm loading six different test loads for the Encore with bullets sized to .378.
    Weather permitting I will fire these tomorrow since I don't like to use the range on weekends.

Another puzzle is where did my extra 379 sizer come from. Old age is preventing me from remembering seemingly small bits of information then all of a sudden it will pop onto my head and another mini-mystery will be solved.
    "He who has gone, so we but cherish his memory, abides with us, more potent, nay, more present, than the living man."
    Antoine de Saint-Expuéry

Steelbanger, NRA Life
    PRPA, Annual member

Boolit Master
    I also suffer from CRS. What were we talking about? One of mine is a JES. The .379s will not chamber in Win brass but will using Starline.
    Last edited by WALLNUTT; 08-13-2017 at 07:57 AM.