Reloading EverythingRepackboxTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionWidenersRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your better half's handgun(s)

Mine has a Ruger Mk III 22/45 with a red dot sight on top. She can put 10 rounds into a quarter at 20 feet. (Or an eyeball)

She also has a little Phoenix Arms HP-22 10 shot .22lr semi auto in the car. She does not carry concealed. But the little car gun is there if she feels the need. Mag is loaded, chamber is empty. So rack the action once and go to it. Spare mag and a 100 round plastic box of ammo is in the case with the gun. It all fits snug and out of sight in a pocket in her drivers side door.

As of Aug 1st ND residents no longer need a CC permit to carry concealed.
    But mostly we don't see the need up here. People for the most part are polite, well mannered and law abiding. Still better to have a car gun and not need it than need it and not have it.

My wife of 58 years has a Smith #49 in her night stand & it stays there most of the time. Occasionally she'll fire a few rounds @ our range or will carry it in a fanny pack when she walks (1 CCI shot cartridge up 1st followed by 4 SWCs). Close in she shoots well enough.

Boolit Master
    Too many for me to mention here.

Boolit Buddy
    Mine loves the Glock 19 and 42 but also has a S&W M&P 15-22 in Muddy Girl and a Ruger SR22 in raspberry.
    With the G19 she'd put 5 in the heart and one in the gonads. She always drops one shot.

Super Moderator

My wife has a 2" Nickel Plated S&W Model 10-7, she doesn't shoot it all that much but she is very proficient with it. She had a bad experience with the H-A motorcycle gang some years ago, and vows to always be prepared now and forever.

Boolit Buddy
    Went2kck if you come to AR look us up. We'll be proud to show you around.

My wife doesn't carry as a rule, when her and daughter go on day trips she may put a S&W 32
    snubbie in her bag. She has a Rem 1100Ltw 20g and a Marlin 39 Mounty but hasn't hunted for
    several years. She is a crack shot with a m34 Kit Gun.

Boolit Master
    My wife of forty years, deer hunts with a 45LC BH. Has taken two deer with it, in Michigan. She didn't care for the portability, nor the recoil, of 12 gauge 1100 with slugs. That was the only other alternative, for area we hunted.

Her carry gun is a 642 with CT laser grips.

She has shot everything I own, except maybe the 338 Winchester Magnum.

She's not a fan of semi-auto pistols, mainly because of difficulty racking the slides. Though, she hasn't any trouble with two of my latest acquisitions. The P320 Sig, which she shot for the first time, last week and enjoyed.......and a Springfield Armory XD-9 Model 2 Sub Compact.....that we may take out back, either today or tomorrow.

Winelover

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    My wife has never had much interest in shooting. I have had her tag along a few times and when I did get her to shoot, her favorite was a 1970's Ruger Super Bearcat that I picked up a few years ago. I have tried to get her to shoot 38s and 0mm but she just doesn't like the noise and recoil - but she does affectionately refer to the Bearcat as her "putt putt gun".

It's ok to post pictures, people. For those of you that don't want to- please don't!
    Keep them coming!

Boolit Grand Master
    My wife doesn't shoot. Her favorite:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	download.jpeg 
Views:	212 
Size:	6.8 KB 
ID:	201804
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Wiping up the coffee I just spewed lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

My wifes favorite was a 4 3/4" standard Ruger mk1 semi auto 22. Her security six was by the bed and used around the house when the Mk1 wasn't enough. Here carry gun was a 36 air weight in 38spl. Her favorite rifle was an Ar15 in 223 that had a flat top match upper and service rifle upper fitted to it. This she used to compete in NRA high power matches. They are still here waiting to be a part of the kids inheritance unfortunately She was taken home in march 2002. She didn't care for most semi auto pistols My 1911s just weren't her thing ( even the 38 spl wadcutter gun ) She shot with me or against me in bowling pins and High power rifle matches.

Boolit Master
    Mine likes an SP-101 with .38 specials.
    Founder of the Single Shot section.

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have.

8 in the 10 ring, then I get a PING. Love my Garand.

Boolit Master

Mrs Bookworm tried the semi autos, but doesn't like them. I got her an LCP several years ago, she hates it. " The trigger is too long."
    She has a point - the LCP is difficult to shoot well. It's very small, the trigger pull is forever long, and it bites when it fires.

She likes a Taurus M85, a mid-80's all steel model I purchased new. She shoots it very well too.

Then she saw my S&W 640-1. I haven't been able to use it since.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggin View Post
    Went2kck if you come to AR look us up. We'll be proud to show you around.
    Sounds good might do that some time.

Boolit Master
    When I'm not around, my wife manages her security with common sense, gut feelings and a 3" Hand Ejector in 32 SWL.

I've learned not to pick out clothes nor guns for her.
    "Time and money don't do you a bit of good until you spend them." - My Dad

Boolit Master
    Mine likes her Colt Light Commander in .45 but her favorite plinking gun was a 1903 Colt Auto (.32ACP). She also has a Python that she used to shoot a lot. She would like a Colt SAA in .32-20 but the one she fell in love with was an original and was over $3K. She won't shoot anything that is not a Colt.

Boolit Master
    My wife is ex-Army and I recently came home with a nicely tricked out .223 AR and red dot sight. She hefted it tried the sight and said, "Did you get you one?" So I got another one. She carries a 642 with CT laser. She shot SASS for 10 years and scored at the top level in the state. She shot 2 Blackhawks in .45 Colt, one 4 5/8 and one
    7 1/2; those she considers hers. I made the mistake of letting her handle a new Livesey's Bisley Blackhawk 4 5/8 flat top I traded for in .44 special and I may have to kiss that one good by, too. Still, it's very nice to have a wife who even knows the difference between .44 special and magnum. GF

The wife has a Glock 26, but has taken a fancy to "our" .45 Colt Ruger BH over the last six months or so.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast