MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxSnyders JerkyLee Precision
WidenersInline FabricationReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 Load Data
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your better half's handgun(s)

Boolit Master
    Mine just keeps coming back to Colt semi auto .22s. Nothing wrong with a wife who love's fine old Colts!

Boolit Master

My wife has a sig P938 that looks just like this one. But she does like shooting my Ruger Security Six 6" Stainless 357 with 38 specials.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sig-Sauer-P938-PSP-SIG9389PSPAMB-798681512249.jpg.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	26.9 KB 
ID:	202025

Mine likes the feel of the 4" Judge grips, full house 45LCs and she doesn't complain about recoil issues.
    Montana Native, Living in the bayou
    The trouble with making things idiot proof, is that they keep making better idiots..
    Don't Force it, get a bigger hammer..

Boolit Buddy

Be careful. Taught mine to shoot a Colt Commander four decades ago, and I've been afraid of her ever since.

640 Smith, M19 2 1/2 inch, 1911 .45 are hers and used in that order. She has access to everything else as well from .22 through .45 Auto.
    To paraphrase Ronald Reagan, the trouble with many shooting experts is not that they're ignorant; its just that they know so much that isn't so.

Boolit Grand Master
    Marie has a SIG-Sauer P-228, and has named it "Lucy". She also likes the Ruger Mini-14 and the AR-15s. She runs all of these VERY, VERY WELL.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Master

My wonderful wife has a nice Ruger Bearcat and a Model 36 Chief's Special she's fond of.
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Mine usually carries her Sig P6 or Ruger SP101 DOA but today we went to a range (women shoot free on friday's at Shooters world in Phoenix) and she wanted to try the S&W Shield and Glock 43? 9mm's - she actually like the Glock single stack - she dislikes the Glock double stacks - was not impressed with the S&W Shield - but she gets to take anything I have so gets a lot of choices.

But the reason she wanted to check out the smaller guns was because of all the Antifi/SJW idiots that have come out of the woodwork for body carry. Surprised me - I didn't think it had gotten that bad - she even joined up a womens shooting group.
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Master
    My wife and I have been together for a little over 40 years and I still haven't given up on getting her to go with me. But I did manage to get my daughter to go and she loves it. Started her out at 7 yards with my Ruger MK II 5" Bull Barrel target model and she literally shot the bullseye out in 50 rounds. Then I bumped her up to my Model 14 and wadcutters and she kept them all within a 3" circle. As a final round I had her shoot my CZ 75B SA and she kept all of them in a 5" circle. I was pretty darn proud and the range master was pretty amazed. This was at an indoor range and the noise didn't rattle her at all, and she followed all my safety instructions to a T. Can't wait to take her again, kind of hoping this will finally nudge my wife into giving it a try.

Boolit Bub
    Sweetie Pie shoots a Glock 26 and a Sig P220. She is very good with them.
    re

Boolit Master
    My wife has a Kimber micro Bellaire and a Smith and Wesson M60 Ladysmith for handguns. She likes shiny things I guess.
    I was a dog on a short chain.
    Now there's no chain.
    Jim Harrison

Boolit Master
    Ok, pardon my density but what does SWMBO stand for?

My wife doesn't shoot anymore. She was a 4H competitor when a kid. One of my daughters competes in .22 lr benchrest with me. My mother carries a M49 in her purse. My grandmother was a squirrel hunter and used a single shot .22. My great grandmother carried a Colt 1917 .45 ACP revolver.
    USMC 6638

SWMBO
    She Who Must Be Obeyed

je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Bub
    My wife doesn't care that much for hand guns but she loves to shoot the M1 carbine and the 10/22 and she is very accurate with both. When she does shoot pistols she likes the Model 1934 .380 Beretta that her dad brought back from Italy during WW2.
    Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2

Boolit Master
    my bride loves her mrk 2 bull barrel ruger 22cal and equally effiecent with her 10/22 heavy barrel

Banned

wife has a pink camo lc9 that she loves and other then 22 pistols that's the one she allways wants to shoot.

S&W Model 36-1 3" nickled heavy barrel square butt. MagnaPorted and trigger work. Pachmayr grips. I have shot THOUSANDS of rounds through that gun as well as her thousands of rounds. H&G #51 w/ 4.0 gr WW231.
    Very nice shooter and very accurate for a snubbie.
    But her favorite is a suppressed SWD/MAC M11A1 .380 subgun. She could shoot that all day.
    Last edited by FISH4BUGS; 08-30-2017 at 12:24 PM.
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Boolit Master
    Mine carries either the boys phoenix arms 25 auto, a Taurus 709, or her 1911. Her 1911 is her favorite. I will try to discourage Ber from shooting my coonan, as I will never get it back. After 20 years, I'm confident I'm right on this.

Carries Witness Pavona, and NAA Black Widow. Shoots most everything in the safe, as well as her carry guns.

My wife has the Sig P938 on the bed in a quick grab holster. She has a Springfield 1911 in 45 acp, a Rossi 4"barrel in 38 special, and a Ruger 10/22 with a 12 power scope and very deadly with it. She also likes the
    Hi Point carbine in 9mm. She loves blasting with it. She doesn't carry very often even though we have had our permits for 20 years. Just got them renewed for another 7 years.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast