StainLess Steel MediaRotoMetals2Graf & SonsInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionADvertise hereTitan Reloading

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Henry Steel 357!

Boolit Master
    I've hand lapped barrels before and the difference in the necessary elbow grease between hand and pressure-lapping makes pressure-lapping the obvious choice. Less mess in my experience, and my arms weren't falling off afterward. My experience is mostly with Rossi's dovetail constrictions and Marlins with reverse bore taper from turning the contour. It sounds like you've got the bulk of it out now. Hopefully you'll find a load it really likes. How's the crown on it? I've seen some Rossi's with uneven crowns and it plays hob with groups.

I also have a Rossi 92 in 357/38 special. Very accurate and so far no problems with feeding both 357 and 38 Special. In fact it even feed 38 Spec. wadcutters with the wadcutter seated flush with the case mouth. It will hesitate sometimes with "Keith" style semi wadcutters, but still feed them. I have found with cast boolits it is best to use round nose flat point for perfect feeding.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12