RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyInline FabricationLoad Data
Reloading Everything Repackbox

Thread: WTB/WTT 16 gauge decapper

Boolit Master

WTB/WTT 16 gauge decapper

I just recently bought a like new in the box 1963 Lee Loader for the 16 gauge shotgun. The only problem is that the decapper is a 12 gauge decapper instead of a 16 gauge decapper. I would like to buy a nice 16 gauge decapper or will trade the 12 for a 16 if someone needs a 12 and has a 16.

Just go and buy a dowel that fits close. Then drive a nail in the end and snip it off. A light hammer tap will drive out the primer.
    R J Talley
    Teacher/James Madison Fellow

Boolit Master

omgb, There is more than one way to built a decapping tool if I wanted to do that. I have a tool that will decap so decapping is not the real problem. The problem I have is a set that is not a correct and complete set as it is now and that just doesn't sit right with me. I bought this set to have a workable/collectable set to pass on to my grandchildren. I will keep looking for the proper decapper until I find one or I cross the Jordan River. Call me stubborn, james

I figured that's what you were up to but said what I said becauuse all of the early Lyman kits used something like I described and I didn't know how into this you were.
    R J Talley
    Teacher/James Madison Fellow

Boolit Master

Guys when I tried to used my "16" Lee set, I found that I have a 16 gauge capper, powder dipper and shot measure and a 12 gauge rammer, die body and decapper. I am attempting to send the set back to the seller. I don't know what he will do or not do. I will close this add as it will do me no good to trade for a proper decapper now.