Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationRepackboxWideners
RotoMetals2
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How picky are you ?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickory View Post
    Just remembered something else that I have a hard time getting down, that is octopus, it's chewy like a marshmallow, but it just doesn't go anywhere. And when you swallow it, it always seems like the wrong thing to do.
    i'll eat octopus ...if i can get the darned thing to let go of the plate!

Moderator Emeritus

Chewiest thing I have tried was pigs ear... crunchy/fatty weird texture that you can never quite chew all the way. It was offered by my migrant friends(they might finally be naturalized this year after 6 years of delay from Obama...) so I tried it as they laughed at me. They love the stuff in a sandwich, blech!

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    Chewiest thing I have tried was pigs ear... crunchy/fatty weird texture that you can never quite chew all the way. It was offered by my migrant friends(they might finally be naturalized this year after 6 years of delay from Obama...) so I tried it as they laughed at me. They love the stuff in a sandwich, blech!
    I'm pretty much with you on the hog ears Mary . Dad fried em and made hog ears and beans . The idea of eating them doesn't bother me but they just aren't worth the trouble to chew up for no more than you get out of it . I'd classify them as survival food .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Grand Master

Pickled pork lips are just soooooo much better than the ears !
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master

Grew up with a single mom with my brother and sister. We ate what was on the plate. Period. There were very little occasions when we ate outside the home. I tell my kids now that I can count on one hand how many times I went to McDonalds before the age of 18.

Having grown up on the poorer side and also spent a lot of my adult life in the military, there isn't a whole lot I won't eat. I won't eat organs (tried deer heart when I was a kid and it was good though). I tried chicken gizzard and it was like a chicken flavored rubber band. Chitlins?! Not on your life. I loaded up a plate once when I was in Haiti and a buddy said "I didn't know you liked Chitlins." I said I didn't. He said "you sure got a mess of them for not liking them" He said "smell them". I did and almost gagged. Smelled like a truck stop toilet. I went to throw them away and he stopped me. He took them off my plate.

I try to avoid fast food. It really is garbage. I do like the occasional Chik Fil-A though.
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    I will not eat mechanically separated chicken .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkDaajzamfA
    No turning back , No turning back !

Moderator Emeritus

Fast food chicken in general I avoid. Stuff reads like a chemistry set when you read the ingredients.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234