MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionReloading EverythingRepackbox
Load DataWidenersInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primer prices going back up?

Boolit Master

Primer prices going back up?

Took a trip to cabelas this week 'cause I was bored and it's the first time I've been close enough for driving distance. The prices had my jaw drop. I remember stocking up on the S&B primers last year @20 a brick and they were marked 37.99 in store! Started pricing around via the net today and it appears they are back on the upswing with spp being snapped up for any price under 30 a brick. Maybe that's just my local store? Curious what yall are seeing in your areas.

They show as 27.99 on their own website, I wonder why the discrepancy and if they will price match.
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

They will price match their website, I've had to do it numerous times!
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper View Post
    Irish Proverb: Never approach a Bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an Idiot from any direction!

Boolit Grand Master

Watch to see who is raising prices because of the Korean unrest. Those rising prices now are disrespecting their customers and seeking extreme profits.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sawinredneck View Post
    They will price match their website, I've had to do it numerous times!
    Oh good to know thanks! Figured I could get a box of primers or something useful with my gift card...but 25 bucks didn't go nearly as far in person as I thought it would!

Thanks Yall!

Not seeing an increase around here for CCI which is what I buy, at least so far. Lot of folks that stocked up on sale, or who haven't bought any for a while because they had enough on hand might be seeing a couple dollar increase per 1k over the last couple of years. I know I was paying about $27 - $32 and now I see Cabala's with $34.99 with plenty of stores showing all sizes in stock.

The extra couple of dollars doesn't concern me as much as the last bit, having them in stock. I'm not buying at "any" price, just not going to sweat a small price increase while I hope for prices to drop or watch for a sale to stock up.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

It may be a usual up pricing at Cabela's in preparation for another sale. Kind of a steep change, but they've done similar things before.

Boolit Master

they are matching bass pro's high prices now, may have to find a new favorite lgs

Quote Originally Posted by rancher1913 View Post
    they are matching bass pro's high prices now, may have to find a new favorite lgs
    When searching online I don't even go to the Bass Pro site. If I wanted to waste money on over priced stuff I would take dear wife to the antique outlet and hand her a wad of bills. More efficient and at least one of us would be happy with the purchases. Which is one more than when I bought powder at Bass Pro the one and only time. While there looked at the other prices and thought who hates their customers that much and still runs a store?
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Boolit Master
    The only thing that makes bass pro tolerable for me is my son really enjoys the big fish tank . I do my window shopping and order online usually. I don't mind paying a slight markup for brick and mortar stores but I draw the line at 200%.

Thanks Yall!

Boolit Master

The last time I was at Bass Pro I wanted to see a youth model shotgun so my wife could try the fit. Well after I got one of the five salesmen to break away from their joking around and got the one I pointed to it was too small. I had to get his attention again just to hand it back to him and he did not hear me ask for a different one as he was still tuned in to his buddies. I told him to forget it, his conversation was more important and that I didn't want to bother him. They suck.

Boolit Master

guess I forgot the blue font. my crack was about cabelas going up to bass pro prices since they got bought out by bass pro

Boolit Grand Master
    Went by Cabelas in the Denver area last week, got the last 2k large rifle they had, but they had plenty of other s&b stuff @ $19.99/k

Boolit Master
    At the gun shows for the past year I've paid $120-125/5000 CCI or Winchester's. Last weekend they were $135.

Last gun show 1 month ago 125/5000 also
    Today I Learned That I know less than I Thought.
    Tommorow will be the same, I'm Sure!!

Boolit Master

Might be a factor that Bass Pro bought Cabela's last year?
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Grand Master

S&B are on sale for $20 a brick at home. Had a buddy call me from the Cabelas in DE on Monday about them.

Boolit Grand Master

I usually buy in bulk from places like Powder Valley. It looks like they went up $1/1000 since last summer. Thats $28/1000 for standard CCI, my favorite.

Boolit Master
    ok thanks gents, looks like the ft worth one is just ridiculously overpriced and trying to compete with bass pro for whom can rip off the unsuspecting consumer the most. I generally just bulk order off the net so I was just shocked the prices were that much of a difference in store. If I'm going to pay ~30 per brick I'll get a higher quality brand like cci or winchester and leave the S&B on the shelf.

Thanks Yall!

I bought some S&B to try out but haven't done so yet. Have a decent supply of CCI but have used up a couple thousand mostly SR and SP so in keeping with my policy of use 1 and buy 2 unless I already have enough.... Looks like I'm going to be buying a few soon. Prices online were less but not with Hazmat fee, unless ordering enough to dilute that extra fee. It might be worth reaching out to see if a couple of local folks wanted to pool an order. Graf & Sons on primers shows $20 hazmat and flat shipping of $7.95 so on a full order that works out fairly well. 25# of powder and 10k primers it only adds about 80 cents per pound and per 1000 primers.

Thing is if I placed that order I would probably wake up with the powder dumped on me and a lit fuse stuck someplace. Dear wife is "understanding" but does have limits and a $900 order is well past it.

Boolit Grand Master

Roger, thats exactly the way I do it. I'll get a buddy or two together and order as much as they will ship in one box. (max-50#) This adds about 50 cents to each pound of powder or 1000 primers. The Wife tolerates that $900 order better when the buddies start coming by and leaving 20 and 100 dollar bills on the table! Happy Wife, ya know?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast