Titan ReloadingLoad DataLee PrecisionWideners
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Reloading Everything Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Primer prices going back up?

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Bzcraig View Post
    Might be a factor that Bass Pro bought Cabela's last year?
    a recent letter that I received from Cabela's Club Visa called it a merger, and said nothing would change with Cabela's club point system.

Quote Originally Posted by DerekP Houston View Post
    Primer prices going back up?
    Took a trip to cabelas this week 'cause I was bored and it's the first time I've been close enough for driving distance. The prices had my jaw drop. I remember stocking up on the S&B primers last year @20 a brick and they were marked 37.99 in store! Started pricing around via the net today and it appears they are back on the upswing with spp being snapped up for any price under 30 a brick. Maybe that's just my local store? Curious what yall are seeing in your areas.

They show as 27.99 on their own website, I wonder why the discrepancy and if they will price match.
    I'm already stocked up (due to the Press convincing me that Hillary would be the next President), and am ready for price spikes.

Quote Originally Posted by DerekP Houston View Post
    ok thanks gents, looks like the ft worth one is just ridiculously overpriced and trying to compete with bass pro for whom can rip off the unsuspecting consumer the most. I generally just bulk order off the net so I was just shocked the prices were that much of a difference in store. If I'm going to pay ~30 per brick I'll get a higher quality brand like cci or winchester and leave the S&B on the shelf.
    Now that Cabela's and Bass Pro are one in the same, without the name changes (yet?), I suspect to see price equalization on price sensitive items, like Primers and Powders.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master
    I just wish Federal would crank out some more standard small pistol primers, heck even the Gold Medal Match, id still buy them! The shelves always seem to have large Federals but small pistol and rifle are nonexistent. Occasionally I find the magnums but I need the standards.
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

God Bless our Troops, Veterans and First Responders!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
    Accuracy, Power & Speed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12