WidenersTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationRepackboxLoad DataReloading Everything
Lee Precision
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Was pulling out of the parking spot and glanced to my right..............

Was pulling out of the parking spot and glanced to my right..............

There to greet my eyes was the softest looking black lab!
    His window was cracked and my windows were up, with the A/C blowing snow flakes.
    Swear to God it was if that dog heard every word I said to him and seemed to acknowledge me with those beautiful eyes. Sure wish I could've hugged him.
    Made my day just to see him in the cab of a truck.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Love those labs. We've got a black male at the moment, had a yellow before that. Later today the brother inlaw is bringing over a female black lab puppy that we hope we'll eventually get some puppies from in a few years.

Boolit Master

I have come to love retrievers as well.But Flat Coats and Goldens are my favorite.
    HondoClick image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00204.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	113.8 KB 
ID:	201502
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sammie man.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	117.8 KB 
ID:	201503Sammie-man(RIP)
    Pro Patria-Ne Desit Virtus

Boolit Grand Master

People that have never known and had the pleasure to have such a treasure in their life will never understand the bond between dog and man. Makes me miss Scout my black lab.

Boolit Master

Sitting on the porch this am the wife and I saw a chocolate lab ride by, head out the window, ears in the breeze, just enjoying the ride. Reminded us to call the foreman from my last job. He and his son got littermates last week-black labs. Good report of the new playground dog.
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Moderator Emeritus

My parents had a couple different Labs when I was growing up. One Black Lab, "Lady", loved to fetch, especially into the Lake (I was blessed to growup living at a Lake home). Throw a ball into the Lake, Lady would run FULL Blast down the Dock, and Jump in, and really JUMP, like she was trying to reach the other side of the Lake's shoreline...it was magnificent.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

In Remembrance

JonB, my 'Scrappie-dog' was like your 'Lady'. Miss her terribly.
    Life Member NRA.
    Member: RWVA.http://www.appleseedinfo.org/smf/
    Member: WRSA http://westernrifleshooters.blogspot.com/
    Founder: Guns of the Golden West (Show group).
    Founder: Nosehills Gun Club.
    Founder: IPSC in Alberta.
    Retired from Instructing, and just about everything else!

Boolit Master
    Most people I can take or leave, but a good dog will always get my attention. Heck even the rowdy ones are fun...
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

I have a next door neighbor who has a black lab. I can not even go into by back yard or on my deck without listening to the dog bark and bark till I go back into the house.

This has been going on for at least 5 years with this dog, and for 40 years with her other black labs over the years, Ive talked to her about it to no avail, now I'm the bad guy for voicing my opinion wishing for some peace & quiet in my back yard.

Now tell me how much I love black labs.

There 8 neighbors on my block, I get along just fine with 7 of them, out of the 7 four of them have dogs, and I get along just fine with thos 7, and have no problems. Neighbor 8, she refuses to even speak to me, all because of the dog, still have to listen to the dog, at least I don't have to listen to the old bitty.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Boolit Master
    Tried the sonic anti-bark devices? We have one that we use on our dogs for training purposes, shuts them up pretty quick. Works on the neighbors chihuahua's pretty good too. Problem is if the dog has learned to bark for attention you are just giving it what it wants.

Thanks Yall!

Boolit Master
    I thought this was gonna be about a redhead.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jsizemore View Post
    I thought this was gonna be about a redhead.
    To be fair, it was why I clicked on this thread to begin with . Dogs are always fun too though.

Thanks Yall!

I thought he found a wheel weight.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Master

Driving to work one morning,there was a man out for a walk.Looked like rain in the sky.Along side him was a black lab....carrying an umbrella.
    Pro Patria-Ne Desit Virtus

I have always loved dogs and had one many years ago after college, but couldn't keep him due to my extensive travel schedule. Recently retired and a friend was in the same boat after getting her from another person that couldn't keep her, and asked if I would take a German Shepard, which I have always wanted. She has been with us now since November of last year and I can't imagine life without her. Since we were her 4th owners (breeders, then the first family, the other family and finally us). I love this dog so much...she is smart and so sweet. She loves to go fishing with me and gets more excited than I do when I catch a fish. She is allowed at my gun range, although I have her on an extended leash so that she will not wander into the field of fire and she loves shooting just as well and it doesn't bother her. I took a song writing class now that I am retired and my song ended up being about her called "She's the New Queen of my King Sized Bed". One of the lines in my song was something like...put your wife and your dog in the trunk of your car....drive around town for an hour...open the trunk door and see which one is happy to see you....now that's true love!

Boolit Buddy
    Dogs make the best friends, better than most people. I have 3 dogs, and one is a compact black lab who's my buddy. Always by my side. Love labs of any color.
    Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory ... lasts forever.
    Retired USN
    NRA Life

Boolit Master
    Love all dogs, but as you can tell by my , nom-de-plume and my avatar, I have a weakness for large dogs and particularly, wolfdogs. Sammy was our first wolfdog, Smokey our second and Timber is our third and my avatar. I am a firm believer in the concept that there are far more bad owners than there are bad dogs. Also, of the bad dogs (and bad people) that are out there, many are the result of irresponsible breeding.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Moderator Emeritus

I spent weekends at the lake where my parents had a camper in a resort. First thing Misty my first lab had to do is run down the swimming dock and launch out as far as she could then swim with the kids until she could barely stay afloat. She would come back to the cabin I rented(they had small sleeping cabins by the trailers, bed, bathroom, microwave, dorm fridge, coffee maker), shake off then lay by me in the shade resting for the next round of play time. Resort owner had a lab also and the two of them played hard!

Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    My parents had a couple different Labs when I was growing up. One Black Lab, "Lady", loved to fetch, especially into the Lake (I was blessed to growup living at a Lake home). Throw a ball into the Lake, Lady would run FULL Blast down the Dock, and Jump in, and really JUMP, like she was trying to reach the other side of the Lake's shoreline...it was magnificent.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jcwit View Post
    I have a next door neighbor who has a black lab. I can not even go into by back yard or on my deck without listening to the dog bark and bark till I go back into the house.

This has been going on for at least 5 years with this dog, and for 40 years with her other black labs over the years, Ive talked to her about it to no avail, now I'm the bad guy for voicing my opinion wishing for some peace & quiet in my back yard.

Now tell me how much I love black labs.

There 8 neighbors on my block, I get along just fine with 7 of them, out of the 7 four of them have dogs, and I get along just fine with thos 7, and have no problems. Neighbor 8, she refuses to even speak to me, all because of the dog, still have to listen to the dog, at least I don't have to listen to the old bitty.
    I had the same problem with a neighbors dog. It is a black lab as well. This went on for weeks and the dog drove me nuts. One day I decided instead of us not getting along I'd make friends with "Pete". I took him out some scraps from the Sunday ham dinner. Pete just wanted to bark and wouldn't come near me, so I poked the scraps through the chain link fence and stepped back. He came over to check it out, and we have been best friends every since (over 4 years now). I now have a box of dog treats I share with Pete. If he hears my back door open he runs over to see if I have anything for him, but never barks. You might try being his/her friend...

There's a beautiful redheaded woman that works at my bank.
    Can't talk to her as I grow weak in the knees.
    And I did happen to spot a wheel weight, but that's another story...............
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 398234.jpg  
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast