Reloading EverythingLoad DataInline FabricationRepackbox
Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Wideners
Titan Reloading Lee Precision

Thread: Res. AC assistance

Res. AC assistance

Had the Cap go out on one unit here a while back, fixed and it runs. Put the gauge on it, 42 psi. Added a little r22, still 42. It did peg the meter, normal then dropped to ~48, after a while, 42. Don't have a temp meter to check cooling but suction is wet/cold from all the humidity we have this year. Liquid is hot but not scalding. These dang horizontal attic units are a pain, can't stand working in that much heat. Bad enough trying to add insulation @100 outside temp. Anyway, 16 yr Carrier units, wondering if the gas is low and they freeze in high humidity (low side is same on both units)? Units are hung and no access panel I can find to check the coils. Trying to stay cool til the weather gets better. Don't tell me to call an AC guy, last one 10 yrs ago said my coils were cheap mexican ones that leak. Yea, right - all made in mexico. Did find a guy to replace the compressor fan that locked up a few years ago.
    Whatever!

Boolit Bub

Cool res.A/C

Put the gauge on it, 42 psi. Added a little r22, still 42. It did peg the meter, normal then dropped to ~48, after a while, 42. Don't have a temp meter to check cooling but suction is wet/cold from all the humidity Liquid is hot but not scalding. Your adding R-22, and the gauge readings , strongly point to air flow restriction ... blocked air filter?...ICED COIL?... 42 PSI=20ish coil temp.... to low a reading....do you have one of the highly restrictive ,new wonder air filters?.....If so ,can it. they will block your needed cubic feet per minute air needed>This can ice a coil and fully or partly block your A/Cs operation... You might try this...Turn the Cool OFF Heat switch to OFF,set the Fan Switch to ON,,,Be sure your Air filter is NOT the "Highly efficient or the pleated style ,or the good for 3 MONTH S type,,,Your home A/C systems blower was NOT rated for these air filters.. let the indoor fan run until you have NO condensation H20, or,,the air blowing into the rooms is the same temp as the air in your home,,,look at the T-Stat4 house air temp.RESTART AC

Boolit Grand Master

When mine iced over for the second time this Spring, I discovered another filter that was never supposed to be inline. It had a 3/8" felt like coating from the carpet being worn by a wheelchair. I had installed the fancy filter (only thing available at the time) in the regular intake and between the two, the air flow was faint.
    Apparently, the original installer had failed to remove the factory installed filter and it had caught what escaped the regular filter for over 16 years.
    Long story short I now have AC that equals when the system was new.
    Information not shared. is wasted.