RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxInline Fabrication
Load DataTitan ReloadingWidenersLee Precision
Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I gave Jesus a good dog today

In Remembrance

Condolences. What more can be said?? We all know...........
    Life Member NRA.
    Member: RWVA.http://www.appleseedinfo.org/smf/
    Member: WRSA http://westernrifleshooters.blogspot.com/
    Founder: Guns of the Golden West (Show group).
    Founder: Nosehills Gun Club.
    Founder: IPSC in Alberta.
    Retired from Instructing, and just about everything else!

I was pretty much born into dogs, and there have been many in my life, each one was a sad parting also. Each had a personality all their own, some bull-headed, some just lived to please, some seemed to live to do a certain task, like one of our other dogs, Pumpkin, a Golden Retriever who seems to live to play ball. Lady was one of the special ones though, so grateful to be rescued and given a good home that she stuck by our sides no matter what distraction was around unless told to preform a task. She was like Lloyd's Elmer, that rare special dog that could just do no wrong, was a constant companion, always by our side.

She slowed down to my speed later in life and we began to dred the day we would have to say, "Good-bye...for now." In the end, I'm very grateful to the Lord for taking her so quickly.

Here she is following me around one of the cemeteries last November removing the flags until Memorial Day when we would redecorate them.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	QCuddvA.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	90.8 KB 
ID:	201507

Boolit Master

So sorry for your loss. A dear friend is hard to loose.
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Boolit Master

I am sorry for your loss. May you meet her again in a better place.

Harder to do each time we lose one. Have had a lot of dogs over the years. Rescue terrier right after we got married, spent more on that guy than all of the others with his bad back. A bunch of dachshunds, several we raised from pups to a couple of rescue. Last rescue lasted 13yrs plus a while before we got her. Finally put her down last year. Got my wife's rat terrier who is about 14 and slowly going down hill. Hope he passes peacefully, but his going will hurt my wife a lot. Was mine, but bites me whenever she says boo. So he's really Her Dog. Got three of his pups that just turned 10, so we won't be without a dog. That is what is hard. No dog. Can't replace, but can get another one.

Fellows, at my age I don't think it fair to get a puppy, (although I do love them dearly) and we have Four other dogs of our own, plus a gentle soul we're keeping for someone looking for inexpensive housing that will except a dog. However, if a Sr. dog is in need, I've decided to open our home for them. I know the walk may be short and heart-ache will follow soon, but I can't stand the thought of a good dog being wasted when I have room for one more.

Boolit Buddy
    Ithaca, I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. You will see her again, in a better place.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
    Thank you so much for this post, Mary! Treetop
    "Treetop"
    Sgt. USMC
    1968-71

"Accuracy has a suppressive power all by itself."
    Lt. Gen. George Flynn, USMC

“The Second Amendment was not written to protect your right to shoot deer.
    It was written to protect your right to shoot tyrants…”
    Judge Andrew Napolitano

Boolit Master
    You were so lucky to have had Lady and Lady was incredibly lucky, so very lucky, to have had you.

Both of you have been truly blessed.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Moderator Emeritus

Dogs cram more love into their short lives than many humans do in their long lives! All pets do, even my cats show their affection often. Ollie my new kitten has to be held once a day, then he stands on my lap and gives me nose kisses and a head rub under my chin. He is the most gentle cat I have even seen, and polite. He asks to come up by patting me on the leg, if I say not right now he lays down near me until I have the time for a 15 minute cuddle. 1 year old now, 30" long not including his tail, and 22 pounds... he has another year of growing to go yet!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithaca Gunner View Post
    Fellows, at my age I don't think it fair to get a puppy, (although I do love them dearly) and we have Four other dogs of our own, plus a gentle soul we're keeping for someone looking for inexpensive housing that will except a dog. However, if a Sr. dog is in need, I've decided to open our home for them. I know the walk may be short and heart-ache will follow soon, but I can't stand the thought of a good dog being wasted when I have room for one more.
    Sir,

My heart goes out to anyone experiencing a loss of a loved K9 companion. I have on a number of occasions had to put down one of my German Shepherds and its not an easy task and I will admit that I cried like a baby. The loss experienced is every bit as much as the loss of a human. The feeling are just as strong if not stronger because usually the bond is so much tighter than the bond of say your best human friend. Dogs as you surely know love us unconditionally unlike people.

Sir, I do not know your age but I would still highly recommend getting a young puppy so that you can share the good that inside you with a young animal that is truley deserving of some of that love. My suggestion is to obtain another puppy and if age is a problem then maybe you can make arrangements with a neighbor or friend to care for the pup if anything were to happen to you. This way you both win. The puppy gets to experience all the love you have to offer and you get to have an incredible friend for what ever time you have left. Please do not deny a pup the love that you surely posess and could offer to make their life better.

Sorry to hear about Lady. We have had several Shelties over the years and they are an incredible breed.
    Keep moving forward!

Banned
    Dogs can do one thing almost impossible for humans, that is unconditional love. Sorry for your loss

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 6bg6ga View Post
    Sir,

My heart goes out to anyone experiencing a loss of a loved K9 companion. I have on a number of occasions had to put down one of my German Shepherds and its not an easy task and I will admit that I cried like a baby. The loss experienced is every bit as much as the loss of a human. The feeling are just as strong if not stronger because usually the bond is so much tighter than the bond of say your best human friend. Dogs as you surely know love us unconditionally unlike people.

Sir, I do not know your age but I would still highly recommend getting a young puppy so that you can share the good that inside you with a young animal that is truley deserving of some of that love. My suggestion is to obtain another puppy and if age is a problem then maybe you can make arrangements with a neighbor or friend to care for the pup if anything were to happen to you. This way you both win. The puppy gets to experience all the love you have to offer and you get to have an incredible friend for what ever time you have left. Please do not deny a pup the love that you surely posess and could offer to make their life better.
    I second that, I just did that exact thing. I lost my beloved golden last November 29th. The hurt was intense, I thought as you do, that at 71 I might not live long enough to out-live a pup. My nephew said he would take over for me, so did my son. BUT my son said it would be tough for me to try to keep up with a puppy, with multiple health concerns, especially arthur-itus, I don't move too fast.

I prayed about it, several chances at a golden pup fell through, then came a chance at a litter posted on Facebook. It was under a hundred miles, I was there at the breeders house within 3 hours of them going live on Facebook. Meet Louie;

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2741.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	50.6 KB 
ID:	201978

He's 5 months now, the last couple of months have been more fun than I've had in a very long time. I real glad I got him, he's so true to the breed. Loving/friendly to anybody he meets, loves to play fetch with a ball or training dummy. He comes from a breeder that provides dogs for local companion dogs for PTSD veterans. Some go for seeing eye dogs as well.
    Last edited by snuffy; 08-15-2017 at 10:07 PM. Reason: failed pic attach
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
    You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
    You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

“At the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat”--Theodore Roosevelt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12