Titan ReloadingInline FabricationRepackboxReloading Everything
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionLoad Data
RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I gave Jesus a good dog today

I gave Jesus a good dog today

Our old Border Collie went quickly and peacefully overnight to the arms of our Savior. Psalms 36-6

Her leaving is a tough loss, the best of the bunch. We have other dogs, but Lady was the best. We rescued her a bit over 13 years ago and she never stopped showing her appreciation and loyalty.

Lady always walked respectfully and loyally with me tending the graves of my Brothers in arms after they passed. We used to gather a gang from WWI to Vietnam and do the flags each May and November. Those guys have passed and it got a little lonely doing it by myself, then Lady was there to walk along the cemeteries either putting them on in May, or removing them in November. She was always with me when we delivered the flags to those who wanted them that decorated the graves of loved ones, she was always welcome. There was something about Lady that was special, as if she were more human than I, knowing where she was and always on her best behavior in the cemeteries.

She had a good life. Last night I knew it was our last together in this life. She, like a few before her just wanted to be alone in the living room instead of going up stairs to the bedroom and sleeping beside my bed. I prayed the Lord to take her quickly and without pain. She went to meet Jesus early this morning and received burial in our dog cemetery alongside my shop under the oak tree where she liked to lay. Rest in peace my friend, I'll be along to be with you.

Boolit Master
    Gob bless your little pardner ,

Boolit Grand Master
    I believe Mark Twain said, "If dogs are not allowed in heaven, I do not want to go there."
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    So sorry for your loss...

We lost our second black Lab, Wesson, a little over two years ago. His littermate, smith, left us about 3 years before that. we still miss them both. Wesson had the distinction of being THE BEST DOG EVER, so we were truly blessed to have had him.

To fill the void they left, we were adopted by another pair of Labradors. A yellow and a black...both males(littermates). Pretty good dogs in their own right. A little over two years old now.

I really don't know how people keep house without at least one dog to keep things under control.

Boolit Master

I am sorry for your loss, he is there waiting to see you again, forever.
    Ole Jack
    "'Necesity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of Tyrants: it is the creed of slaves."
    William Pitt, 1783
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we faulter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln.

Moderator Emeritus

Ithaca Gunner, I am so sorry about you losing Lady. I know that she is in good hands now and will be back with you in the future. May God heal your heart and bring you comfort. I have often heard it said: dog = GOD......Paul
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

So very sorry for your loss - As others have said, She'll be waiting for you when you get there. That will be a joyful occasion
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Mold
    I am sad your grand furbaby has crossed the Rainbow Bridge. I know you will miss her, specially when you have bond. May you be Blessed for helping those Furbabys, they only know they love us n give all they have. Like you i have had many through my life, i have 4 now all rescues. They are all so beautiful

Sorry to read of this. Good dogs are hard to part with. Hang tough. Easier said than done, I know.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Moderator Emeritus

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Boolit Buddy
    Sorry to hear of your loss. Lady sounded like a special dog.

Banned

I feel for you. Last year about this time we lost elmer. the best dog that ever lived in my opinion. We have a new pup and I love him dearly but still tear up when I think of old elmer. IF there is a heaven he will be waiting for me there. Because it couldn't be considered heaven if he isn't.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Ithaca - so sorry for your loss. Every one is special and while they are with us for what seems like such a short time, their unconditional love is a lesson to all of us. I have no doubt that Lady will be there waiting for you and until then, she'll still be with you and watching over you. May God bless her and keep her and watch over you as you go through this difficult time.

Boolit Master
    My condolences on the loss of your family member.

Dogs are the best
    Bob

Vendor Sponsor

This may sound strange or even cruel but many times I have felt more loss from a dog passing than a friend..
    Can only think it is because I feel the blind loyalty and true love coming from the dog ..
    many have passed from me and many are missed
    take care my friend and may another companion find its way to you
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Apparently I have been living under a rock for the last 40 years.

I had never read that bit about the Rainbow bridge before.
    I am not ashamed to admit that I cried HARD for 5 minutes.

I have a Black Lab and a Parakeet waiting for me.

I feel all washed out, and yet the promise is balm to my aching heart.
    It is true the pain does not ever go away, not completely. It does subside to livable levels.

Miss you Blue!

Thank you Mary

Boolit Master

Thanks for the post,may she RIP in dog heaven.
    Are my kids/grandkids more important than "o"'s kids, to me they are,darn tooting they are!!! They deserve the same armed protection afforded "o"'s kids.
    I have been hoodwinked but not by"o"
    In God we trust,in "o" never trust
    Support those that support the Constitution and the 2nd Amendant

Boolit Grand Master

While I join you in your sorrow for the loss, I can't help but think of all the would be best friends, that are also on the bridge waiting for a kind pat on the head and a stroke to their back. So many best friends that never found that special person to love. Many of them mistreated and never knowing kindness, but having a full measure of love to give.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    For the Dog Lovers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 17630097_1510337309029278_7006249888570211860_n.jpg  
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master

I share your loss. Lady was VERY special. We are looking forward to the time when Annie, mywife's ****zu crosses that rainbow bridge. She is 13, blind and deaf, but still getting around on her own. When she comes back to the door after doing her business, she still bounds like she did when she was young.
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast