Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationRepackboxRotoMetals2
Load Data Reloading Everything
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Savage 340 30-30

Boolit Bub

savage 340

I just picked a 340 up in Provo Utah. 30-30 walnut stock and dockendorf sight. 170 otd. The bore was excellent. Muzzle was a 1 with a garand gage. I stripped and refinished the stock. Now to cast up some boolits and see how it shoots. Ordered molds and sizer from midway. best greg

Boolit Bub
    I purchased an older Savage 340 in 30-30 when I moved from Indiana to Missouri. It was in like new condition. This little plain-jane rifle is made from walnut and steel. No plastics or space-age materials thank you. I fitted a receiver sight that I found on Ebay and it fit into the existing holes. This is my woods rifle and is usually loaded with my favorite cast plinking load: Lyman 311316 113 gr gas check boolit with 8.5 gr Unique. It clocks at 1535 fps. The only problem that I have found with my rifle is that every cast or jacketed load seems to group in a different place. No real issue though as I list sight correction data on the ammo box. Fine little rifle, a keeper!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123