RotoMetals2Load DataTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyWidenersReloading EverythingLee Precision
Inline Fabrication Repackbox

Thread: A Pair of 219B .............

A Pair of 219B .............

I have a pr. of 219B Savage one is a .22 Hornet, and the other is a 30-40 and it kicks like a Mule
    Before Rowe Clark Passed I had the chance to talk with him about the 30-40!! This single shot has more proof marks than any 5 guns deserve !!
    With the proof it was a line gun that was sent to the custom shop for a re-chamber!! It could have been a R&D gun in 1958 !! He said 2 30-40s and
    2 45-70s were done! man a 45-70 in a 219B WoW ..........He sent me a letter but for the life of me I can't put my hands on it !! It must be in a
    Safe Spot !!!! LoL

Ol Deuce
    Last edited by OlDeuce; 08-06-2017 at 09:43 PM.
    Do the Best with What you have !

Boolit Master
    Why not some of the new recoil pads and/or stock weights...? Butt plates are solid without a doubt....

Boolit Master
    I've looked for a Hornet in one for a long time even bought a basket case off Broker but it was reamed to 219 Zipper.
    Was going to get it going but funds got short. I always thought a 22 Hornet would be a great woods bumming rifle. Aaron

Banned

My 219 in .22 Hornet is my favorite squirrel rifle. I have a .30-30 one I need to do some stock work on before I shoot it. I like the 219s, they are so graceful in your hands and point nicely. Much more than a .30-30 and they could probably use a little more weight though.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by joatmon View Post
    I've looked for a Hornet in one for a long time even bought a basket case off Broker but it was reamed to 219 Zipper.
    Was going to get it going but funds got short. I always thought a 22 Hornet would be a great woods bumming rifle. Aaron
    You should get that one going. The .219 Zipper should load down with cast real easy and then you'd have your woods bumming rifle.

There was a seller on gunbroker at one time, believe he was in Hawaii, that always had Savage 219s he had done things like that with. I was real close to buying one he had done in .256 Winchester, but he wanted quite a bit for it and besides, he'd done the refinish in some kind of matte black that didn't look right.

I have no idea what pressure levels a 219 can handle, is a full power .219 Zipper within its limitations? I would guess that it is, but you may want to be careful.

Quote Originally Posted by richhodg66 View Post
    You should get that one going. The .219 Zipper should load down with cast real easy and then you'd have your woods bumming rifle.

There was a seller on gunbroker at one time, believe he was in Hawaii, that always had Savage 219s he had done things like that with. I was real close to buying one he had done in .256 Winchester, but he wanted quite a bit for it and besides, he'd done the refinish in some kind of matte black that didn't look right.

I have no idea what pressure levels a 219 can handle, is a full power .219 Zipper within its limitations? I would guess that it is, but you may want to be careful.
    If you load within reason you should be Ok!! 22 Hornet is @25,000 CUP and the 357mag does @35,000 CUP the Factory Zipper should be @42,000 CUP because of the 64 action !!!! Maybe Ken Waters loads may have the info!!!! if so I'll post it for you!!!

Ol Deuce
    Do the Best with What you have !