RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyWideners
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionInline FabricationReloading Everything
Load Data RotoMetals2

Thread: kg gunkote

Boolit Mold

kg gunkote

Hello folks, anyone ever use, KG Gunkote on their boolits? I have access to this stuff and just wondering if the ceramic in the coating would be bad for the bore, be it sonic or sub. Main reason I ask is the shop I work at uses ceramics on hinges which need reaming after they are coated. Thing is the coating was wearing out the reamers used. Since then we have found a way to keep coating out of the hinge pin hole. So my question is, of course, would premature bore wear occur? Unfortunately I have no idea how much ceramic is used in this coating. Maybe the teflon which is a component of the coating "cancels" out the abrasive effect the ceramic would have. Any thoughts?
    Warren
    Winnipeg, Canada

Would be an awful expensive coating IMHO. I have used it to finish firearms but will continue to powder coat my bullets.

Boolit Mold

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by MyFlatline View Post
    Would be an awful expensive coating IMHO. I have used it to finish firearms but will continue to powder coat my bullets.
    Hello again, after getting some experience with powder coating, what the heck was I thinking!! This is sooo easy and less time consuming than traditional lubing of boolits. I definitely have a problem with not being able to keeping it simple!

You actually answered your own question in your post - if it's wearing out reamers, there's your answer. Not a good idea (unless you want to lap your bore!).