RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingWidenersSnyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionLoad DataTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Federal 22 LR ammo FTF

Boolit Grand Master

Auto Match has always worked great for me. Perhaps you got a bad batch?

Boolit Master

I helped a friend clean up his old Marlin model 60. He figured he had shot tens of thousands of rounds through it and never once cleaned it, just said it was wore out.

I cleaned it good, but then it had a fair amount of misfires and jams; not a lot but at least one per 15 round tube full. The misfires were almost exclusively with the Federal Automatch. They worked perfectly in my Marlin 60, but not his. We then shot some CCI Minimags and they functioned flawlessly.

I picked up a box of Thunderbolts also. They didn't misfire but would occasionally jam; the empty would clear but it's like the bolt wouldn't recoil far enough to completely pick up the new round and would jam into the brass of the partially lifted round. I assume because the occasional round didn't have enough powder. Again, Mini-mags worked perfectly.

I've been buying & shooting 22 LR for 46 yrs. In my experience the best is CCI by a large margin. I base this on hundreds of guns used to shoot tens of thousands of rounds. Ive found Federal to have more misfires per brick than any other.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by billyb View Post
    I run the club indoor pistol range on Saturday, I find a lot o unfired 22 ammo on the floor, by far the highest number are Federal head stamp Winchester is number two.
    I get more duds from my Wins than Feds, billyb. And that's from three handguns and three rifles. I usually try re-strikng with a bolt action or a revolver, Wins are the worst performers for me. Pretty rare to get a CCI dud.

Boolit Master

Opened a 1720 round bucket of Rem HPs, not one FTF out of the first 300. Graf & son hasCascade Super CI 34 gr for $2.99 / 50. Free shipping through Monday night. They claim 1500 FPS. I bought 60 boxes, fired first 50 Thursday. Again no FTF's. My buddy is going to check on his Chronograph, they are fast. Plus several inches of flame out of the muzzle. I'm not the greatest shot, but my groups were better than with the Federal Match. Maybe I was just having a good day.

Boolit Mold
    I've been having problems with Winchester. Pulled the head off of a dud and noticed green flakes mixed with the powder. Dumped the powder out and nothing was around the rim. These cartridges were Not mistreated such as dropped, bounced around or stored in a hot area.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12