Snyders JerkyRepackboxInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Load Data Wideners

Thread: Missoula show going on.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.

Missoula show going on.

I was tipped off yesterday that there was an individual selling the contents of an old muzzleloading shop at the Missoula gun show. So, I make the 100+ mile drive this morning, to see what he has. I ended up with L&R and Cochran flint locks. $75 each! He had a large early German lock for $100, but my funds are far from unlimited. He's kind of picked over now, but has a few right hand locks left, and lots of left hand locks, in both percussion and flint.
    He also has rifle and smoothbore barrels, a couple stocks with barrels inlet, lots of butt plates, trigger guards, triggers, pretty much every thing, priced right. He also had a baggie on the table that was hard to see through, but he showed me it is two matched L&R locks for a double rifle or fowler, plus the plugs, breech block, triggers, basically all the hardware. $200! I really should have bought it, and may still call a friend set up there to pick that up before he leaves.
    I talked to Monte Mandarino for awhile. He had sold a couple rifles, and had a nice collection of original scrimshawed horns displayed for sale.
    All in all, I saw more original Pennsylvania rifles, fowlers, trade guns, and ML pistols at this show than I had ever seen before. a worthwhile trip!
    If you're close enough, and looking for parts, it may be worth your while for a trip tomorrow.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Too far for me, but I love going to shows! Congrats on the finds!!!
    Boolits Feedback <> Gunbroker Feedback

Just remember son, many times free advise is worth what you pay for it. ~ My Dad

Bluegrass...the speed metal of country music!