Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
StainLess Steel MediaGraf & SonsTitan ReloadingADvertise here

Thread: Cimarron 1873 on the way. Bullet Suggestions?

Cimarron 1873 on the way. Bullet Suggestions?

Hi Guys and gals.

I have a Cimarron 1873 short rifle in 357 on the way. I have a couple moulds for the cartridge (358156, 358495, lee 356-120TC that drops big enough) but i'm looking for something that will be a little heavier and feed well. I was wondering what everyone thought of the lee 358-158 RF?
    Seems the nose would feed well and you still have some flat point for the thump on game.
    Thanks!

This is what I use in my three .357 leverguns. It's from Accurate.http://www.accuratemolds.com/bullet_...=36-158V-D.png
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
    Proverbs 1:7

Bump up from the dead.

Any other suggestions? Not sure I want to dive into an acccurate mould just yet as the Lee version of that bullet is a little clunky when cycling.

Just got around to trying them now. I was shooting some RN and TC with good results but they run 130 and 120 grains respectively and I like a little more bullet weight for fun. Figure it could double as a good hunting bullet (in my fantasies about MA allowing rifles to hunt deer)

I don't have a lever gun in .35 but I love that bullet.

With the round nose it feeds in everything, yes even in 9mm's. (my Hipoint 9mm carbine loves those)

I have used it a lot in my .357 mag single shot handi rifle.

And I have dropped them into .40sw brass and made them into round nosed jacketed rounds for my .444marlin. I just wished I'd bought it as a 6 cavity not a 2.

My Win/Miroku 1873 loves the RCBS 158 gr. RNFP. I see this mold at Midway often for $60.00 outstanding price for quality iron mold.

Boolit Master
    I have a 6 banger Lee 358-158 RF mold. My Win/Miroku 1873 loves it. cheap mold, makes a TON of boolits in a short time. Shoots straight.