Titan ReloadingWidenersRepackboxInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying in bulk

Boolit Master

Buying in bulk

were do you guys buy things like beans/ rice and the like in bulk

Boolit Buddy

Sam's club for rice, I don't buy beans but I think they have 50lb bags of both
    "Yes or no will almost always suffice as the answer"

Look for a grocery supply in your area try Cash and Carry they have stores nationally.

Moderator Emeritus

from the Farmers.

I just seen a FB advertisement, Yukon Gold tators are currently being harvested, a local farmer is selling them by the 50lb box for $10.

Also, in December, I buy Walnuts in bulk direct from a CA farmer...best I've ever tasted
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master

We travel a little distance to a Mennonite store where we buy by the 50# bag of the hard, white wheat berries. My wife grinds it and makes our bread and has for years. It is Montana Gold brand. We also buy beans, pop corn, and honey when we are there if needed. We shop at Sam's warehouse and try to buy in larger quantities for many of our perishable food items. For just plain grocery shopping we go to Aldi's. We have a small seasonal garden where we have cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, Lettice, potatoes, and such.
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Boolit Master

From the Mormon's Bishop's Pantry. Can come bagged, boxed, or dry canned for long term storage.

Emergency Essentials is a Utah retailer that sells prepper stuff but will also sell 5 gallon buckets of wheat, beans and etc. Great folks to deal with.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Yard Sales, that's where we found 9 cases #8 cans of wheat plus 9-5 gallon buckets more of wheat and a bucket of powdered milk for Free. Not all in one sale but over the years, It was from Utah. A very generous lot.

Banned
    Asian markets are a good place for bulk rice

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by BrassMagnet View Post
    From the Mormon's Bishop's Pantry. Can come bagged, boxed, or dry canned for long term storage.
    https://providentliving.lds.org/self...nters?lang=eng

https://providentliving.lds.org/bc/p...g.pdf?lang=eng

https://store.lds.org/webapp/wcs/sto...0_-1_N_image_0

Hopefully these links will help you find where to buy it, what to buy, and what is available to purchase online for delivery to your house.

Boolit Master
    yup, part of the extended family are mormons I follow their lead. On the other hand I can buy 5lb-10lb bags at the grocery store here and I get to rotate my stocks more frequently that way.

For meats and such I use Zaycon Fresh or Sams club.
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Boolit Grand Master

Buying in bulk

Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    from the Farmers.

I just seen a FB advertisement, Yukon Gold tators are currently being harvested, a local farmer is selling them by the 50lb box for $10.
    At that price they're almost not with growing yourself. Mine will stay in the ground until late September. But that's a really hard price to beat.

I second buying from farmers. It's where I buy almost all my meat and the vegetables I don't grow. Will stop at the orchard when I get back from Ireland to buy a bushel of peaches. They're actually tree ripened, picked at the right time and you can't beat the taste. Especially in a peach pie when it's twenty degrees outside and there is a foot of snow on the ground.

Boolit Master

grow it myself or get it from neighbors. beans we get right out of the combine, taters come from the reject pile at the storage shed, onions come from the reject pile at the storage shed, wheat comes right out of the combine, and beef and pork and chicken come from my land. tried selling pintos on here but the shipping killed the value. everything else comes from our garden.

Boolit Master
    You can also buy cans of emergency food thru Walmart. The price is good, most has a 20 year shelf life and if you order enough they ship for free.
    jim

Boolit Master
    Stringtown Grocery just off Hwy 1 North of Kalona for us. It's a Mennonite store that sells local produce in season and bulk stuff like rice, oatmeal, flour, raisins, nuts, ect, ect. The girls will bag you up any size you want. My wife buys flour by the 50# bag during baking season. We like a lot of things about the store. The country ride about 25 miles one way, seasonal items in the store, the owner tries to sell good fresh and good tasting stuff, and he is older so he still has compassion to his fellow man with fair lower prices. I see license plates from all counties of the eastern part of the state plus Illinois which is about an hour away.

My wife and I have been buying some dried goods in bulk from Sam's club for 20 years.

Lately all the rice, sugar, salt, flour, beans get moved into food saver bags and vacuum sealed. Then labeled, rice goes back in the 50 pound bag.

We mostly buy what we eat, and use the oldest, stash the latest.

Costco also some, but I prefer Sam's club.

I also have a nice little stash of green unroasted coffee beans. After everyone else is out I will still have fresh roasted beans and good coffee when I want it.

Should have bought a bigger house though, running out of room. Wish the end of the world would hurry up and get here. Getting tired of waiting, and going to be too old to enjoy it.

Banned

Moderator Emeritus

Walmart has 25 pound bags of rice and beans.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iowa Fox View Post
    Stringtown Grocery just off Hwy 1 North of Kalona for us. It's a Mennonite store that sells local produce in season and bulk stuff like rice, oatmeal, flour, raisins, nuts, ect, ect. The girls will bag you up any size you want. My wife buys flour by the 50# bag during baking season. We like a lot of things about the store. The country ride about 25 miles one way, seasonal items in the store, the owner tries to sell good fresh and good tasting stuff, and he is older so he still has compassion to his fellow man with fair lower prices. I see license plates from all counties of the eastern part of the state plus Illinois which is about an hour away.
    Whenever I pass through that area, I stop there.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Grand Master

I make a Sams Club trip at least once a month. Since the wife is in a wheelchair and my legs don't allow for standing, we use lots of paper and disposables. It's not good for the economy but allows us to maintain a lifestyle not otherwise possible.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast