MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRepackboxInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionWidenersRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big bad magnums?

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hickok View Post
    Those are some rare and hard to find firearms!!!

I had a guy tell me he was a Huey door gunner in 'Nam, and he used a 60 caliber MG.

I replied, "You mean an M60?"

"Yep, that was it, fired 60 caliber shells!"

I guess there are a lot of rare firearms out there!
    I hunted with a guy that was a 'Nam vet that claimed to carry a 60 cal. I think it may be a generation thing. He ID'd my 308 hunting ammo as the size ammo he carried but I never convinced him that it was not 60 cal.

I was in RVN, and I've herd that 60cal BS more than once. You can bet the 60cal gunner was a
    Butcher, baker or candle stick maker. You can bet these guys were never near a M60, if they were
    in RVN at all. Beer joints are full of door gunners and SOPS posers. Never new a guy door gunner
    or Pig man that didn't know what ammo he was shooting in M60. Aggravates me in a way, I only
    had a measly 50cal- 4 of them.Attachment 202107

Boolit Master

Cool photo bet that thing made some racket.

Boolit Master

Man Quad 50, Saw one years ago at the Hiram Maxim shoot in Maine years ago!! Neat Demo!!!!! 400 rounds lasted about 10 seconds.

That was the downfall for my then 13 year old son. He became an NFA addict at that shoot. It has cost him lot's of money and female relationships but he say's it is way better than **** from a female. Note he is just a farmer but does what he wants.

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	42.7 KB 
ID:	202522

My buddies kid came over the other day and had a few toys out for show n tell. My Andaconda 44 mag has always been my favorite along with the red dot I can free hand bowling ball pins at a 100 yards all day but the 44 mag Niteguard is a handful. After about three full throttle loads through it my knuckles bleed. I pop can hit pop cans consistently at thirty yards with it and haven't tried any farther. Figured it would make a good close self defence pistol when calling coyotes in AZ and a lion shows or a close counter bear.

Had a brushed chrome mark 19 desert eagle years ago with both 44 and 50 ae bArrels. Shot a deer with the 50 and wasn't impressed so I sold it. I could shoot it accurately off a bench but not free hand. My Andaconda could outshoot it all day long. I've shot a Taurus 454 raging bull and found they are accurate as heck.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	202523
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 08-23-2017 at 11:36 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12