Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLoad Data
RepackboxTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Wideners RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Boolit for 35 cal?

I have the RCBS 35-200 and the NOE 35-230wfn for my 358 Win. Tom at Accurate can put multiple designs in the same mold. I did that for my 8x57, 2 gc hunting bore riders and a pb design for reduced plinkers. hc18flyer

Based on what I've learned here I traded for a RCBS 200 gr FN mould. My .358 loves it therefore so do I. Mine finish up at 217 grs and I can't see needing anything else for hunting Texas. I play with .357" 150SWC Lees for plinking with light charges of Bullseye or Red Dot and they are a hoot.
    Best, Thomas.

Boolit Master
    Welp, the deal fell through on the sporterized Springfield, so now I need to find a new gun to work with. I'm thinking a Mauser. There's plenty barreled actions floating around. How hard would it be to convert one from 8mm to 358 Winchester? Is it as simple as having the barrel rebored, or would I have to mess with the magazine?

Quote Originally Posted by am44mag View Post
    Welp, the deal fell through on the sporterized Springfield, so now I need to find a new gun to work with. I'm thinking a Mauser. There's plenty barreled actions floating around. How hard would it be to convert one from 8mm to 358 Winchester? Is it as simple as having the barrel rebored, or would I have to mess with the magazine?
    I can't help on the alchemy of Mauser feeding, but some great .35x57mms are the no muss and no fuss Mauser options: 9x57 Mauser, 9x57 Mauser American, 35XCB(CBs own), and the fun named 357 Mauser Wallop (AIed to approximate Whelen capacity).
    The first purpose of the Second Amendment is too often overlooked, fostering a liberty of mind and action necessary in the people of a free republic.

“Ironically, the only gun control in 19th century England was the policy forbidding police to have arms while on duty.”
    ~ Don B. Kates, Jr.

Boolit Master
    Count me in For the RCBS 200GR FN and my 336A 60s vintage likes it too!

Moderator Emeritus

There are no flies on the Saeco 352 @ 245 gr.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

I love the RCBS in 200 and 250 grn molds but I also have an accurate mold model 235L that I really like. If you go the 358 win route, you will not regret it.
    This country has gone to hell but now there is hope for us.

Moderator Emeritus

You know of course, that the 8x57 case is longer than the 358 so the barrel gets cut, threaded and rechambered. It is probably easier to rebarrel at that point.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MT Gianni View Post
    You know of course, that the 8x57 case is longer than the 358 so the barrel gets cut, threaded and rechambered. It is probably easier to rebarrel at that point.
    Yep, I though about that. I was going to send a barreled receiver to Jes for a rebore, but if I go with 358 Win, I'll probably just try to find a complete receiver and bolt and buy a new barrel for it.

Banned

this is one of the best and it doesn't cost an arm and leg. Ive killed deer and pigs with it in the 35 rem and 356 and it gets the job done and is a very accurate bullet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scharfschuetze View Post
    My favorite for all around shooting in the 35 Whelen and 358 Winchester is the RCBS 35-200-FP.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12