MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRotoMetals2Lee Precision
RepackboxInline FabricationReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Load Data Titan Reloading

Thread: Wts: BT Sniper .45 Swaging dies

Boolit Buddy

Wts: BT Sniper .45 Swaging dies

I picked these up a couple years ago with intention of swaging 45 but never got around to it. This is the 2 die set ( Core seat + Point form) plus the expanding mandrel to convert 40 into jackets and also includes 2 auto ejection frames. One for I believe the Lee classic press (could be for the RC though, I don't recall) and the other is definitely for the Walnut hill. Total cost new on the entire package would be close to $1200 I believe. I may not have the new ram top for the Lee frame but I'm willing to bet Brian keeps those in stock and at this price it's still a smoking deal.

Looking to get $690 shipped. That's roughly the cost of the two dies with the expander and ejection frame being free. (The other bar for the frame is here, just missed it in the photo) Mailed payment or Paypal is fine. Additionally, I can send an invoice via Paypal and if you have Paypal credit they'll do 0% for 6 months. Helps with the expense of swage dies!

EDIT: I just found the frame I purchased to use these with the Walnut Hill press... I'll include that with the package to sweeten the deal even a bit more Fairly certain it is complete.

Last edited by mckenziedrums; 08-04-2017 at 10:35 AM.

Boolit Master

Hmmm what size and weight are the finished bullets.451 or.452 ??
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by SSGOldfart View Post
    Hmmm what size and weight are the finished bullets.451 or.452 ??
    I'll measure the sample bullets later this morning but weight can vary based on jacket length. If you need heavy bullets you buy longer jackets. I believe a standard 230 is easily made with 40 brass though

Boolit Buddy
    Here's a good thread for reference: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=132183. Only thing missing is the notching die (I have it but plan on keeping it for other calibers I swage)

Boolit Buddy
    Both sample bullets I have measure .4515

The point form die is set up to make hollow point bullets. If you want the xtp style grooves you just need to add that die.

Here are the bullet samples:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170804_090504.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	35.7 KB 
ID:	201082

Pricing as I understand it would be $695 for the 2 dies, $175 for the expanding mandrel, $195 for the Walnut hill ejection frame and $195 for the Lee ejection setup. So to order this would be about 1200. I'm not sure if I have the new ram top that goes with the ejection frame but I'm sure Brian can help out there.
    Last edited by mckenziedrums; 08-04-2017 at 09:17 AM.

In Remembrance
    Those will also do the 45LC boolits as well.

When I do mine I used an 8mm AirSoft BB so it acts more like a Ballistic Tip, really expands on contact, and its a sure bet whatever receives the impact isn't going to like it.

This is after it goes thru gelatin.

Click to see what I'm doing and have available, this takes you to the VS (Vendor Sponsor) section of the site. Currently..25Rem,30Rem, 32Rem, 35Rem, 257Roberts, 358Win, 338Fed, 357 Herrett, 30 Herrett, 401 Winchester, 300Sav, 221 Fireball, 260Rem, 222Rem, 250 Savage, 8mm Mauser (AKA 8x57), 25-20WCF

Annealing Services

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/foru...php?117-Grumpa

Boolit Buddy

Pm incoming.

Boolit Buddy
    Sold, thanks for the interest fellas!