RepackboxReloading EverythingWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyLoad Data
Titan Reloading Lee Precision
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sr1911 10mm

Sr1911 10mm

Well, saw this and my money had a mind of it's own again.

Initial impressions. the machining is excellent. Either i got an excellent sample when someone was on their game and the tools were nice and sharp - or ruger is getting even better these days with the CNC mills. Roll marks are nice - not overdone. The satin finish is one of my favorites. slide to frame fit is right up there. Trigger is good - not great, but if it's anything like my SR1911 in 45. it will be excellent soon.

Boolit Master
    Nice get. I have heard nothing but good things about that gun.

Boolit Buddy

Nice 1911 , the 10mm is making a come back , My friend that owns the LGS here has sold a ton of 1911 10mms this year. I have 9, 1911s all in different calibers , and the 10mm will throw the brass 25 to 30 ft to the side and back , Take that into account when shooting , If you reload expect to loose a few rounds because of how far they get ejected .
    I like 1911's and Wheel Guns , Wood Stocks and Blue Metal , Dislike Black on Black and Magazines on Rifles whats this country coming to.
    Amateur Radio Station -KB5SMG- since 1994 Call sign change as of 8-15-17 WB5MG *** My Station now consist of a new * Icom 7300 * along with a new * Ameritron AL-80B Amp * and various other goodies. * Alinco DX70T * HF radio in my truck I can Be emailed at rockinpmanager@gmail.com

Very nice. These are on my short list

This is on my short list as well. I love my .45 SR1911, so when I saw these I knew I would end up getting one eventually. I was initially thinking of picking up a Sig p226 Legion, but after hearing they have finish issues I think this will be my next purchase

I, too, will be ordering one of these. Price is too good not to, and I've been looking for a non-Glock reason to get into 10mm.

Boolit Buddy
    I picked one up last week--LUV IT! What the man said about throwing brass! I lose about 20 percent so far. I do have a couple of gripes about it though-- (1) it tosses brass too far, (2) the safety needs either a stronger spring or a heavier detent. I may be able to overcome that by keeping my thumb on it. ( Time will tell) and (3) dump the black grips and use the pretty wood ones that come thru on the rest of the SR1911's. There, rant over! Hope this helps, Stan

Boolit Grand Master
    I have loved the 10mm caliber for a long time. Glock 10mms can still come into CA, but none of the Ruger 45s or 10s can come in. CA = North Korea with date palm groves. Hate that.

Good find, for certain. Enjoy that critter!
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Grand Master

Buy a Caldwell brass trap so you don't lose any brass. A CZ75 and a G20SF are what motivated me to buy one. Place it close to the gun and it catches almost every piece. I say almost because a few inevitably fall out. But they fall directly under it for easy pick up. Worth every penny when you're shooting expensive brass or have a gun that throws it into the back forty.

Caldwell Brass Trap https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EB5OU06..._S4mHzbS9GJ2P9

Banned

so you guys that bought one. How does it shoot and is it a 100percent reliable?

What are the cast boolit recipes for 10s?

Nice gun!

Boolit Grand Master

Sr1911 10mm

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    is it a 100percent reliable?
    That funny since it's a 1911 AND it's made by Ruger. There have only been a few instances of failures on the Ruger forums. The one I can remember seemed to stem from not lubing the gun properly. So that's not on Ruger.
    Last edited by dragon813gt; 08-06-2017 at 07:48 AM.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by The Governor View Post

Nice gun!
    My topside 10mm handload is my WFN 190 grain design sitting atop a max charge of Longshot.

Boolit Master
    Don't own one myself, if the state okays them for sale here I might just pick one up . Did own a Colt Delta Elite ages ago I think the brass is still orbiting the earth. Should I get one I'll change some springs and get a square firing pin stop to keep my brass in this county.

Quote Originally Posted by The Governor View Post

Nice gun!
    I use Longshot and mixed brass for 180gr range loads and 800X with brand-new Starline cases for full-power hunting loads under a 200gr hardcast bullet. Be careful with range-pickup brass in the caliber. Discard any that have obvious overpressure signs or a "smile" shaped mark across the case indicating it was abused in an overloaded Glock 20. Think "9mm IPSC loads" for an idea of what some people do to their brass.

The published loads will be low (below SAAMI max) in most books, but full-power data (including teardowns of hunting ammo like Buffalo Bore) are available on-line. Use caution and start low. Your gun may be tighter/looser or unlock at a bit different point in the pressure cycle than someone else's. The original "full-house" load from Norma launched a 200gr bullet at around 1250fps and delivered close to 700FP of muzzle energy. Use a chronograph and work towards this if you want maximum performance for hogs/etc.

800X is a great powder if you want to go for maximum performance and stay within pressure. The downside of 800X is that you must hand-weigh charges, as it meters terribly in small amounts. Longshot is a good compromise on performance and metering.

Arclight
    Last edited by arclight; 08-05-2017 at 01:41 PM.

Boolit Master

Nice piece I would like that.

Boolit Grand Master
    Blue Dot, 800-X, AA-7, and AA-9 are my go-to fuels for 10mm reloading--cast and jacketed. I gotta give Longshot a look-see.

Those Norma-level loads--200 grainers clocking 1225-1250 FPS--are awesome stoppers but probably a Bridge Too Far for Colt/Browning and Glock platforms. One Federal factory loading runs a 180 grain JHP at 1030 FPS, which is basically "40 Short & Weak +5%". Most other factory loads run a 180 grain JHP in the 1140 FPS bracket. Winchester Silvertips offer a bit more--175 grain bullets at 1250-1275 FPS. This is my carry ammo, and is probably near the upper end of performance level in the Colt/Browning or Glock 10mm platform that gives optimum performance without shortening service life unduly. I will not share load weight data here--there is a lot of data online for the 10mm to steer you safely toward whatever performance goal you are seeking. IME, Starline and W-W brass run through my Glock Gen 3 20SF and 29SF do not produce "guppied brass" when Silvertip-level loads are used in my pistols. If that did occur, an aftermarket barrel with better brass support in the chamber area can be easily found.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Buddy
    Just bought a Sig 226 Legion and the finish is perfect. However, I have read about some problems. Need to examine when buying a new pistol.

I would really like one of those in a Commander length. On an alloy frame.

Or the one pictured would be ok too...

Boolit Grand Master
    Relevant factoid.....the 1911 only unlocks when pressure is gone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast