Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionWideners
Reloading EverythingLoad DataTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Snyders Jerky RotoMetals2

Thread: I just couldn't go on by

North Central Montana; across the wide Missouri

I just couldn't go on by

So it's home now. S&W M&P Model of 1905, 4th change, 38 Special, 4", all original. Shipped late 1929 or very early 1930. Stocks are original to gun and perfect to 1920's production. Chambers and bore bright and shiny, no rust anywhere. Minor use signs in all the usual places. Locks up tight and in perfect time. Glad it's mine........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF1913.jpg   DSCF1914.jpg   DSCF1915.jpg   DSCF1916.jpg  

Boolit Master
    Extra nice revolver!!!! I have its older brother, a 6 inch from 1919. Same thing, I was telling the gun shop buddy how I wasn't goin bhai to buy a gun this year.......Hey where did THAT come from.....here's my card now let me hold it ...
    I know yo you will find yours to be "a keeper" too. Mine shoots WC on 3.2 bullseye to the sights at 20 yards. The sights are a challenge but part of the whole experience.
    Smooth and still tight, you've got a Jewell!
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Master
    dang what a sweet piece, I wouldn't have been able to pass it up myself. Got a thing for those old S&W revolvers.
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Boolit Buddy

Sweet revolver sir, good buy.

Good on you. Give her a good home.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

I promise, you will NEVER regret buying that gem. Old Smiths are my weakness too. Here is a 44 HE from the 1920's that followed me home. You have got me searching for a 1905 GuesserAttachment 201055
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

You have an exquisite revolver. I am fortunate to have its longer brother, a 5" that also shipped in 1929. Mine does not look as nice as yours, though, as it spent 20+ years on the hip of a Chicago policeman. He signed and dated the inside of the grip panel. The years on the job leaves mine with well worn grips, a smooth plum brown patina on the grip frame and holster wear on the rest of the gun. The revolver locks up like new money and is glass smooth to shoot. Fortunately, the officer does not seem to have brained anyone with the gun as it is not bent. I hope you enjoy your old friend as much as I do mine.
    To paraphrase Ronald Reagan, the trouble with many shooting experts is not that they're ignorant; its just that they know so much that isn't so.

Boolit Buddy

Rare to find one in that kind of shape , Did you get the original box too.
    I like 1911's and Wheel Guns , Wood Stocks and Blue Metal , Dislike Black on Black and Magazines on Rifles whats this country coming to.
    Amateur Radio Station -KB5SMG- since 1994 Call sign change as of 8-15-17 WB5MG *** My Station now consist of a new * Icom 7300 * along with a new * Ameritron AL-80B Amp * and various other goodies. * Alinco DX70T * HF radio in my truck I can Be emailed at rockinpmanager@gmail.com

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by murf205 View Post
    I promise, you will NEVER regret buying that gem. Old Smiths are my weakness too. Here is a 44 HE from the 1920's that followed me home. You have got me searching for a 1905 GuesserAttachment 201055
    Ive had 7 or 8 revolvers follow me home this year, the last one was a colt trooper that was in mint condition other than 1911s which I have plenty of , I dont really care for all the newer simi-autos, I will buy a revolve any day of the week
    I like 1911's and Wheel Guns , Wood Stocks and Blue Metal , Dislike Black on Black and Magazines on Rifles whats this country coming to.
    Amateur Radio Station -KB5SMG- since 1994 Call sign change as of 8-15-17 WB5MG *** My Station now consist of a new * Icom 7300 * along with a new * Ameritron AL-80B Amp * and various other goodies. * Alinco DX70T * HF radio in my truck I can Be emailed at rockinpmanager@gmail.com

I don't blame you, I have a couple of semi-auto guns and they certainly have their place, but I'm a wheel gun guy. I guess us old guys love old guns and I believe it is because of the history involved with them. My 44 spl in the pic was carried by a deputy sheriff in deep south Alabama and it shoots better that a brand new 629 and a new 24! It has 12 notches in the stocks, probably don't want to hear it talk! Guesser, those stocks on that old Smith are a thing of beauty.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Absolutely beautiful. I don't think I could've walked by that one either. Great find Sir

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    She's a beauty!!!

Time to try your Ed McGivern impersonation! What a nice Smith&Wesson.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

North Central Montana; across the wide Missouri
    Just got back in.....it shoots!!!!!!!!!....regulated for 158 gr. at standard pressures of course

Pics Sir, pics.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Master

Very nice. My old Smith is a WWII VS model.