Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Load DataWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionInline FabricationRepackbox
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Less expensive alternatives for stock bedding?

Boolit Master
    I am a little lost on a couple of terms and usage. When you are talking about smoking and inletting. Are you using some kind of fire smoke applied to the under parts of the barrel and action. To see where wood has to be removed to give a space to be filled with bedding compound?

Boolit Grand Master

Larry is using inletting black. I prefer smoke but it works the same.

Boolit Bub
    I agree. For release agent I use Johnson Paste Wax, Turtle Wax, or Pam, but Pam is the last option for me. The waxs seem to work much better.
    For inletting I use lipstick as well. Seems to work for me...I have done quite a few.
    re

Quote Originally Posted by Red Elk View Post
    I agree. For release agent I use Johnson Paste Wax, Turtle Wax, or Pam, but Pam is the last option for me. The waxs seem to work much better.
    For inletting I use lipstick as well. Seems to work for me...I have done quite a few.
    re
    I find this quite curious. ProBed comes with an industrial mold parting compound, specifically designed to make epoxy release from steel. So why do so many people feel the need to use something else? There is nothing you are going to come up with that works better, and you already have the mold release included in the price of the kit.

[QUOTE=LAGS;4116242] I started many years ago with red lipstick before I switched to Prussian Blue./QUOTE]

Ah yes,,, Prussian Blue is wonderful stuff and it is a fact that it gets everywhere and stays on well after you are done with it !!!

I once saw some get into the head band on the hard hat of a very annoying person who after being invited to my house,,, wouldn't leave. Literally wouldn't leave, and had to be kicked out at 3AM on a work night !!!

He had an inch wide dark blue stripe on his fore head for over a week after that night, and it was fun watching him scrub his fore head raw trying to get it off.

He repeatedly threatened to kick my ****.

However his biggest problem was that he couldn't "actually" kick my ****,,, so he had to embrace his new look.

You could still see it over a month later!

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12