PBcastcoRotoMetals2WidenersInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Load Data Repackbox

Thread: 1/2 boy 1/2 man

Banned

1/2 boy 1/2 man

Somber data.........
    1/2 boy 1/2 man
    The average age of the military man is 19 years.
    He is a short haired, tight-muscled kid who, under normal circumstances is considered by society as half man, half boy. Not yet dry behind the ears, not old enough to buy a beer, but old enough to die for his country. He never really cared much for work and he would rather wax
    his own car than wash his father's, but he has never collected unemployment either.

He's a recent High School graduate; he was probably an average student, pursued some form of sport activities, drives a ten year old jalopy, and has a
    steady girlfriend that either broke up with him when he left, or swears to be waiting when he returns from half a world away. He listens to rock and roll or hip-hop or rap or jazz or swing and a 155mm howitzer.
    He is 10 or 15 pounds lighter now than when he was at home because he is working or fighting from before dawn to well after dusk. He has trouble spelling, thus letter writing is a pain for him,
    but he can field strip a rifle in 30 seconds and reassemble it in less time in the dark. He can recite to you the nomenclature of a machine gun or grenade launcher and use either one effectively if he must.
    He digs foxholes and latrines and can apply first aid like a professional.
    He can march until he is told to stop,
    or stop until he is told to march.
    He obeys orders instantly and without hesitation, but he is not without spirit or individual dignity.
    He is self-sufficient.
    He has two sets of fatigues: he washes one and wears the other. He keeps his canteens full and his feet dry.
    He sometimes forgets to brush his teeth, but never to clean his rifle. He can cook his own meals, mend his own clothes, and fix his own hurts.
    If you're thirsty, he'll share his water with you; if you are hungry, his food. He'll even split his ammunition with you in the midst of battle when you run low.
    He has learned to use his hands like weapons and weapons like they were his hands.
    He can save your life - or take it, because that is his job.

He will often do twice the work of a civilian, draw half the pay, and still find ironic humor in it all.
    He has seen more suffering and death than he should have in his short lifetime.
    He has wept in public and in private, for friends who have fallen in combat and is unashamed..

He feels every note of the National Anthem vibrate through his body while at rigid attention, while tempering the burning desire to 'square-away ' those around him who haven't bothered to stand, remove their hat, or even stop talking.
    In an odd twist, day in and day out, far from home, he defends their right to be disrespectful.
    Just as did his Father, Grandfather, and Great-grandfather, he is paying the price for our freedom. Beardless or not, he is not a boy. He is the American Fighting Man that has kept this country free for over 200 years.

He has asked nothing in return, except
    our friendship and understanding.
    Remember him, always, for he has earned our respect and admiration with his blood.
    And now we even have women over there in danger, doing their part in this tradition of going to War when our nation calls us to do so.

As you go to bed tonight, remember this shot. . ..
    A short lull, a little shade and a picture of loved ones in their helmets.

Prayer Wheel
    'Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands..
    Protect them as they protect us.
    Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen.'
    When you read this, please stop for a moment and say a prayer for our troops, sailors on ships, and airmen in the air, and for those in all foreign countries.
    This can be very powerful...

Of all the gifts you could give a US Soldier, Sailor, Coastguardsman, Marine, or Airman, prayer is the very best one.

Boolit Bub
    Of all the gifts you could give a US Soldier, Sailor, Coastguardsman, Marine, or Airman, prayer is the very best one.
    Amen. Thank you for your post. I have three sons in service, all Army.
    Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2

Boolit Mold

Grmps,

Thank you for this post. I'm an Army veteran myself and my son is an Active Duty Marine.

Boolit Master

Your subject line should have said; 1/2 boy, all Man.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Thank You for the post. God Bless the troops from any branch.
    A Retired MSG.
    Rob

Cast Boolits Owner

This is now a sticky in honor of all the great men and women who serve without reserve to ensure our freedom. I love each and every one of you. Thank you for your service.
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Master

Wonderful post, Thank you
    Sometimes it takes a second box of boolits to clear my head.
    Feed back thread http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...?261449-jeepyj

Boolit Master
    my niece is Canadian coast guard, setting sail today, for 11mos far away on a arctic tour

Boolit Master
    Outstanding!

Thanks for posting it!
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master

With tears, Amen! Robert thanks for making it a sticky.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Outstanding. It really puts it in perspective.

Boolit Master

Amen! What a wonderful post. When I read this, my mind went instantly to my own grandson, who is 19. If this didn't light your fire, your wood is wet. Thank you No. 1 for making this a sticky. It should be read by everyone.
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Our young people that start their adult lives by serving deserve recognition . Great sticky Robert !
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Master

Thank you for the great post. As a retired member, I am proud, and honored, to call these men Brothers...
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)