Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2RepackboxTitan Reloading
ADvertise hereMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersInline Fabrication

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Best way to ship brass?

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by HumptyDumpty View Post
    How about primed cases? My understanding, is that they must be sent ground, via a contract carrier (not USPS), but do not require hazmat or ORMD/Limted Quantity labels. Does that check with your experience?
    Yes, I've always understood that they get treated the same way as live ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by LeadHead72 View Post
    At first this sounds like a good idea. However, I know of someone who did that and the PO ended up charging them double the postage. The package received damage and both labels ended up being scanned by the USPS system and they treated it as though they were trying to send two separate packages under one tracking number. It's better to double-bag the items if necessary, reinforce the edges and corners of the package and make sure it's insured. If it's damaged or lost, file a claim. I have shipped and received hundreds of packages over the last few years and have had several claims. The USPS has come through on all of them except for one. The last time was just a few weeks ago and they paid the claim, no questions asked, within a week to 10 days of filing it online. Just be sure to include pictures of the damaged package, damaged goods, and screenshots of online prices for a similar replacement product.
    I'm talking about hand-written labels, the old school kind, not printed labels with bar codes.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bannister View Post
    For small flat rate boxes, I like the clear tape to completely enclose the box. For medium flat rate boxes, I have a roll of plastic and use a double layer inside the box to fold over. It is best to add cardboard or foam to make a tight hard box for shipping to avoid crush damage. Then wrap the entire box with clear shipping tape, and a few wraps of fiber reinforced tape if brass or lead is being shipped.

Is anyone else having trouble finding the large rolls of this tape in their local stores?
    Right now everybody is but that's the way I've shipped a lot of brass. USPS guy and I have an agreement. I get him a cup of Joe and the item being picked up. If the customer gets a disaster we can both say it didn't get picked up that way.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by LeadHead72 View Post
    Yes, I've always understood that they get treated the same way as live ammo.
    Primed cases are considered live ammo by USPS

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by rondog View Post
    I'm talking about hand-written labels, the old school kind, not printed labels with bar codes.
    I always use a hand written address label

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234