Inline FabricationRepackboxWidenersRotoMetals2
Load DataTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: For thought and meditation

Boolit Master

For thought and meditation

"The eyes of the LORD search the whole earth in order to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him."

—2 Chronicles 16:9

Throughout the Scriptures and throughout the history of the Christian church, we find that God has done unexpected things with unexpected people. He has done extraordinary things through ordinary people. The Bible tells us, “The eyes of the Lord search the whole earth in order to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him" (2 Chronicles 16:9). This verse doesn’t say God is looking for strong men and women; it says God is looking for people whom He can be strong on behalf of. As I have often said, God is not looking for ability as much as He is looking for availability.

When God was looking for a man to lead the nation Israel, whom did He select? He chose a boy named David who was watching over a flock of sheep. When God wanted someone to lead an army to defeat the Midianites, the enemies of Israel, whom did God choose? He chose a cowardly man named Gideon who couldn’t even muster up the courage to show himself publicly.

It’s almost as though the Lord goes out of His way to choose someone and then raise up him or her. Then people will have to stand back and say, “This is the work of the Lord.”

One thing is clear in the Scriptures: The individuals God found to carry out His work didn’t necessarily look like they would amount to much. He chose people who, at first glance, didn’t even to appear to have what it took for the task at hand.

Would you be a person who would say, “Lord, I don’t have much to offer. I’m not a towering intellect. I’m not a great orator. I’m not very talented. But what I have, Lord, I offer to You”? Then you watch what God will do.
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Thank you rl69 . As in his creation of each of us he can make us who he will at any time .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Master

God selects people that might seem unlikely for missions and positions. But it is often clear in retrospect why he chose them. God's selection is always due to natural ability and willingness to follow his directions.

I will just give one example. Saul led the persecution of the early the Church. No one would have guessed that he would be chosen by God to explain what he had done through Jesus (i.e., pen a major portion of the NT). However, after Paul was converted he used his expertise in the Scriptures (Old Testament) to do this. Paul the Pharisee could do what the other Apostles could not. They did not have the background Paul did.

Paul the Pharisee could do what the other Apostles could not.
    Good choice, and well stated.

Moderator Emeritus

Wow! What strong meat THIS is!!! We are weak. He is strong. And through Him, even the lowliest among us CAN achieve startling and unexpected things, but ONLY if we do it in His name and according to His will. G. K. Chesterton noted that when God wants to do something, he doesn't typically seek out the strong or the smart or the well educated, but the humble and meek, for they are the ones who can and will most readily accept a task, and carry it out exactly as instructed. They don't trust their own wills and thoughts and opinions, like the "higher level" folks tend to do. They just accept and do. And what wondrous and miraculous things have been achieved by these "lowly" people when God is on their side, and they submit themselves humbly to Him!

What a lesson! Would that we might all keep this in mind when we are asked to do something on behalf of our Savior. It's not us doing it, really, but us WITH the power of God. With that last, nothing is impossible or unachievable. And there are so many examples of this, that none can rationally deny it.

We have so many, many "proofs" of God. If only more would allow themselves to see them!