RotoMetals2Load DataLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners Reloading Everything

Thread: Bullet weight consistantly doing the Bruce Lee

Boolit Master

NW Ohio, almost as N and W as you can be :-)

Bullet weight consistantly doing the Bruce Lee

I was reading the new Lee handbook and he mentioned quenching the blocks on a damp towel when they got to hot so I put the play on words in my header on porpoise hehe.

I checked 5 bullets at random from 1-2000 I cast last night in my Lee 158RF .359 boolits in a Lee 6 cyl, all 5 were within one grain of each other.

I run the RCBS promelt wide open (WW metal), and add liquid alloy from a saucepan placed on a hotplate, I run the RCBS down about 2" before adding alloy,I fill the mold and run a nice large sprue, and then add alloy, dump the mold, run another set with nice large sprue, then add metal to the saucepan, it seems to run about 800-1000 per hour that way, I didnt count the boolits yet, out of the ones I looked over on my drying rig after pulling them from the quench bucket I got maybe a half dozen culls for wrinkles.

premiminary indications would say these boolits will shoot 2" offhand at 25 yards and 6" from a rest at 100. That at 1250 fps with 18.0 of LilGun in a 4" bbled sec. six

Bill

Bill
    Both ends WHAT a player

Boolit Master

NW Ohio, almost as N and W as you can be :-)
    I counted last nights boolits by weight, came up to 1372 decent looking boolits in about 2 hours.
    Both ends WHAT a player