Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Repackbox Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 45-70 Cast Bullet weight Advice & Light Loads

You can order boolits from Beartooth Bullets in any size you want. http://www.beartoothbullets.com/index.htm

For your .45-70 try 300 gr plain based boolits sized .459-.460. They come ready to load.

For those boolits ( Boolits are cast from lead, Bullets have Copper Jackets on them thus the different spelling)

Try 25 gr of XMR5744 powder. This will yield about 1200 fps which should produce a relatively light recoil.

Your gun is light and thus won't attenuate recoil very much. Having a decent Pachmayer Recoil Pad installed will help a lot.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Mold
    Had my 1st set back. The Lee hand loader i ordered was back ordered n shipping date of Sept. 25th, so i cancelled my order. I ordered a set of dies from Natchez, Redding, FL of which i will adjust to neck size. I received my 350gr cast boolits. I hope to work up some decent loads next week. All of my hunting is less than 100 yds for tick toters

please note: I manufacture the best Hand Press ever made, and they are in stock ready to ship.

Attachment 201703

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12