RotoMetals2WidenersReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Load Data

Thread: WTB rm 870 slug barrel

Boolit Buddy

WTB rm 870 slug barrel

Looking for a rem 870 12 gauge slug barrel. Would like smooth bore rifle sights . Would consider rifled with rife sights

Boolit Grand Master
    What's the going rate for one of those smooth bore / rifled sight barrels?

Boolit Buddy
    New cylinder bore is 169 for the Remington 20 inch. New Mossberg 24 inch for the 870 $135

Boolit Master

Check out Numrich Arms; they have both fully rifled and smooth bore; I picked up the fully rifled for $105.

HV
    Life's biggest tragedy is we get old too soon, and wise too late.

Boolit Master
    I put a smoothbore with rifle sights on my Rem 870 back around 20 years ago. It was a Mossberg barrel & was about $100 back then. You might look into one from Mossberg also, if they still make them & I am pretty sure they do....

G'Luck though!

I went & looked around & here is one to look at. You might search around for them if interested & maybe find a lower price. This one is $165.24 USD...

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/prod...Type=&from=fn#

They have a rifled one too for around $203 and some change .....
    https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/prod...fType=&from=fn

Once again...G'Luck!
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

In Remembrance

I bought a slug barrel that had the rifled and cylinder choke tubes about when they were first available. I tried every type of 12 gauge slug tthru this barrel and a 4X scope on the 870 Wingmaster gun. I found that the old lead Winchester brand (not Remington or Federal) 1 oz Foster slug was the most accurate even bettering those expensive sabot slug shells. My last whitetail I took using this gun and slug load was 95 paces away. He ram less than 100 feet. While doing the gutting job I noticed I had not only done a heart shot but had done lung damage. I`ve convinced many other slug shooters to try these 5 for $5 box of shells and their success level has climbed.Robert

Boolit Grand Master
    Hardcast416taylor: Right now I'm casting a roundball for my 12's but have had great success with the reduced recoil Remington slugs that are so popular with the action shooter crowd. Plenty of knock down for whitetails. Very accurate and cheaper than the fancy high priced super-slugs.

Banned
    haunt E Bay, one of the best places to find used barrels.