RepackboxWidenersInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLoad Data
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Picked up a 108 yo win 94 in 32WS

Boolit Buddy

Thats a good score there, love those old guns like that
    I like 1911's and Wheel Guns , Wood Stocks and Blue Metal , Dislike Black on Black and Magazines on Rifles whats this country coming to.
    Amateur Radio Station -KB5SMG- since 1994 Call sign change as of 8-15-17 WB5MG *** My Station now consist of a new * Icom 7300 * along with a new * Ameritron AL-80B Amp * and various other goodies. * Alinco DX70T * HF radio in my truck I can Be emailed at rockinpmanager@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jkrem View Post
    I splurged for a Cody Museum letter for my Feb. 1937 M94 in 32WS, as what I could find on-line was unclear. Curious of the detail that may be available on that early rifle? I hope you use her, I plan to hunt mine..Attachment 200976
    Not sure Cody can do anything for on your Carbine! not old enough just a good shooter to take care of.. 1902 is around the cut off year !! I sure you use the
    hell out of it !!! they are great to have..
    Ol Deuce
    Do the Best with What you have !

Boolit Master
    the smokeless rear sight is a quick adjust for elevation. sort of like a military rear sight. it also says smokeless on the sight.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by pietro View Post
    OR, you might want to consider setting up your rifle with dual zeroes, one at a relatively short range (say, 75yds), and the other for a longer range (say, 150-200yds), so a different height front sight won't be needed - just a folding leaf rear barrel open sight.

In use, the rifle's hunted with the tang sight folded and the rrear bbl sight "up", for suddenly-presented game shots.

If/when a game shot at a longer range arises, IME there's usually ample time to fold the bbl sight with the forward hand that's on the forend, while the tanger's being raised by the trigger hand.

For me, the dual zeroes presented the best of both worlds, although YMMV, of course.

Thats a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by bob208 View Post
    the smokeless rear sight is a quick adjust for elevation. sort of like a military rear sight. it also says smokeless on the sight.
    Thanks for the info. Does anyone have pictures of original sites on their old 94? I have been having trouble posting a picture of my 1927 .32 Winchester Special that I have. It had a new looking Marbles rear sight on the barrel that made the front sight too low. I took it off in order to use the Lyman tang sight that is has. This one has a octagon rifle barrel and full mag tube.
    Oh great, another thread that makes me spend money.

Boolit Master
    I don't know if there ever was a standard sight. back in the day Winchester was in the business to sell guns. so they would put any sight on that you wanted. I have 6 .32 94s and no two have the same sight. even the carbines have different sights.

Vendor Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by OlDeuce View Post
    Not sure Cody can do anything for on your Carbine! not old enough just a good shooter to take care of.. 1902 is around the cut off year !! I sure you use the
    hell out of it !!! they are great to have..
    Ol Deuce
    How does one apply for a Cody verification? I have a 1898 model 94 also and would like to know the details. And are you saying that they only go back to 1902?

Boolit Buddy
    How come I never have any hard up friends with nice antique guns to sell me? Not fair!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by ammohead View Post
    How does one apply for a Cody verification? I have a 1898 model 94 also and would like to know the details. And are you saying that they only go back to 1902?
    cfmrecords@centerofthewest.com Model 1894 Warehouse and SNA (Serial number applied) records available 1-353999. SNA only for 354000-1352066.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Grand Master

Nice rifle, ammohead! Awesome cartridge and the sight filler is a very nice touch. I seem to accumulate old 32's but oldest (1925) a bit newer than yours. Brownells keeps a pretty good assortment of Marble front sights with good descriptions, if they don't have the one you need drop me a PM.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

And out of left field; Gander Mountain is going out of the biz and I saw a Bunch of Federal .32 WS ammo for sale. $12 a box. If you have one near you it might be worth a look!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I just love old leverguns. Nice job on the slot blank filler.

Vendor Sponsor
    Thanks to all for the kind words. Now if I could just find a taller front sight that looks like it belongs there. I have purchased a replica of the old style front sight with the set screw in the past but lost my contact info for Larry's Old West Guns in Dayton, NV. I could get a Marbles from Brownells but it just don't scratch that itch.

Boolit Master
    The 32 Special was marketed as suited to factory smokeless powder loads or black powder reloads.
    The state of development of smokeless powders of the day was not that good. lack of quality control by some manufacturers and rapid degradation of powders that for the most part did not contain any of the preservatives that all later smokeless powders have resulted in many blown up guns. Black powder was the safest way to go. The gentle twist prevented striping of lead boolits jacketed bullets being less economical just as they are today.
    The 32 special when loaded with BP was in fact a near duplicate of the already popular .32-40. Both were also very popular in Europe at that time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12