Snyders JerkyWidenersReloading EverythingLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Inline Fabrication RotoMetals2

Thread: S&W mp 40

S&W mp 40

Are there any MP 40 fans out there? The impulsive buy bug bit me and I picked one up for $397 new in the box with 2, 15 round mags. Gander Mountain is going out of business and it was marked down.

Talking a guy there it sounded like the owner is in his 80's and the kids didn't want to take the business over.

Points nice and shoots good with some American Eagle 180 FMJ. Haven't tried any cast yet but I have a Lyman 172 grain and NOE 200 flat point with pins that will cast 180 HP's. Plus some 180 Hytek coated commercial bullets.
    Oh great, another thread that makes me spend money.

Boolit Buddy
    A bit smaller, but I havea Shield in 40 S&W. it likes cast just fine.

Boolit Buddy

I have an M&P 40 that shoots anything you feed it. The same slide will also accept .357Sig and 9mm barrels, giving you 3 guns in one. All are very accurate. Don't pass it up.

I have the NOE 403-200 WFN w/HP, sounds like you have the same mold. My favorite load out of an M&P compact is the 180gr Deep HP loaded with 5.2gr Unique.

Boolit Master
    I bought 2 when they were on police trade in at budsgunshop and gave one to my dad. We both like it, it's my only 40cal so far but it has been easy to cast and feed so no complaints here.
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Banned

M&Ps are great guns. to me they feel better in the hand then a glock and run every bit as good for less money.

Boolit Bub
    I got one a couple years back from cdnn when they were on sale as a birthday present to myself. Hated the trigger. Gritty and just felt inconsistent. Even after breaking it in. Talked to a buddy who convinced me to drop the money on the apex upgrade and wow what a difference. Like night and day. Now I love to shoot it and the trigger is consistent everytime.

On a side note, I have found that most of the grittiness folks complain of is from the firing pin safety, moving in its channel. Take this part out and polish it, clean the channel well, and it should take care of the problem.
    "Experience is a series of non-fatal mistakes"

Disarming is a mistake free people only get to make once...

Boolit Buddy
    I have .40 with extra barrels in .357 Sig and 9mm. Fits my hand better than Glock.

How is the .357 Sig to shoot? Can you tell a difference in power over the .40 S&W?

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by pmer View Post
    How is the .357 Sig to shoot? Can you tell a difference in power over the .40 S&W?
    For me it is lighter yet louder/more pronounced muzzle blast. Fun either way.

Boolit Bub
    I have had several in all calibers and they were all great shooters. The .357 sig was a little snappy though.

Boolit Master
    Hi...

I own and shoot an M&P 40 pretty regularly. Also have an aftermarket 9mm barrel for it that I shoot a good bit.
    Only polymer pistol I own but I do have extensive experience with quite a few others that my son owns.
    I like the M&P 40 better than any of the other hi-capacity polymer pistols I have shot.
    It will never take the place of my 1911s, but it is an accurate, dependable handgun with sufficient power and reliability to serve as a carry piece if I so choose.

I've had it a few times now. Didn't have much luck with the Hyteck coated 180 grains. But it seems to like the NOE 403-200 flat points and HS-6. I went back to Gander Mountain today to look around and used guns are 50% off. A lot of shooting assecories are 60% off and new guns are 30% off. Not much left for used guns.

Boolit Buddy
    I've had my FS mp40 about 4 years now. Absolutely love it. Ran a few thousand rounds through her so far, mix of handloads and factory stuff without a single issue...knock on wood lol! Also picked up a 9mm stormlake barrel and s&w 9mm mags. Maybe a thousand 9s through it, again no a single hiccup. Would have no reservations buying another one.

Be well folks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170806_141921.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	47.9 KB 
ID:	201243

Here is the nicest group so far with the M&P40 it is 6.1 grains of hs-6 with the NOE 403 - 200 boolit and the deep hollow point pins.

The shots were from 15 paces standing up. It has about 200 rounds through it now and the trigger is starting to feel pretty good.