Load DataSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
WidenersRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is your faith !

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar

What is your faith !

Hebrews was written by Paul . To those who like to mislead and misguide or argue I understand that is 'debatable' . In my mind Paul wrote Hebrews and that is the way I will truthfully try to explain it . Paul was given a life of hardship by our Lord , he was tested and in the end was a new creature . Paul understood ..faith .

Hebrews 11;1-3

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 2 For by it the elders obtained a good testimony.
    3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.
    No turning back , No turning back !

Super Moderator Emeritus
    Boaz my Faith is in God because Jesus rescued me an brought me into the family. I was lost could not find Hope, money failed, things failed, life was hopeless and Jesus came along and loved me into the family.

Faith can not be held in your hand . Faith can not be defined by what you taste , smell , see or hear . Faith resides in your mind and in your heart . Faith is believing . Faith is knowing . Faith is in the indwelling spirit within you .

Quote Originally Posted by Preacher Jim View Post
    Boaz my Faith is in God because Jesus rescued me an brought me into the family. I was lost could not find Hope, money failed, things failed, life was hopeless and Jesus came along and loved me into the family.
    Thank you Jim . GOD leads (lol , I'm talking to a preacher !) , It is an experience hard to understand until you have had the experience it's self . Nothing and no one is infallible except GOD . Paul was a monster , loved the killing and persecution of GOD's people . But GOD shut him down ! He changed him . He was made new . Our GOD is a loving and merciful GOD that gives hope , gives love and a second chance .

Paul wrote most of the New Testament . He was a late comer but he was on fire to bring and spread GOD's word . That is part of the reason I wanted to give him credit at the beginning . Paul was a whole nother miracle in himself created by GOD .

Quote Originally Posted by Ickisrulz View Post
    So another post on here where if we don't agree with something someone else asserts to be a fact we are mislead, misguided and like to argue! What a great way to present a nugget of insight.

For what it is worth, "To the Hebrews" is not as much of a letter as it is a sermon. Since it is not signed (or even addressed) we cannot know for certain who the author was. Obviously it was meant for Jewish people. The orderliness of it suggests to me it was sermon presented more than once that was recorded and polished a bit prior to circulation. Whether or not Paul was the author is of little consequence, but it doesn't resemble any of his letters. But like I said, it was not really a letter.
    I started reading your post and stopped before I finished the first sentence . I am no one , I have no authority . I can not tell you what or what not to do .

I will let Ickisrulz take it from here .

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

My Faith is first in my God, then in my Pope, then in my Priest!

I do wish my Pope would get his act together tho, and stay out of world politicts!

Actually it seems to me as if most here wish to chase away anyone here not of Southern Baptist believe!
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Way to make me feel ashamed to be part of this group guys.

Both of you.

Ickisrulz "So another post on here where if we don't agree with something someone else asserts to be a fact we are mislead, misguided and like to argue! What a great way to present a nugget of insight."

You call that Christian? I call that satan's work.

No sir, you always have the option to not hit that post button. To walk away and wait for a post you agree with. Looks to me like you were the one picking a fight. But it is not about that is it?

Brother Boaz, you know I love you dearly. But if Ickis wants to play that way I expect you to take the high moral ground. Once he jumps in looking for a fight do not say another word. Just stay out of it. Let him waste his words on empty air.

Hard I know.

Mod's can we get this closed, deleted, or something?

Obviously it was meant for Jewish people.
    In truth it was meant for the HEBREW people ("To the Hebrews") of which the Jewish people are only a small part.

The author is GOD regardless of who put pen to paper so the little diversions debating authorship are useless, furthermore they are counterproductive taking the focus away from God and putting it on men.

Even should one try to confine it ("to the Hebrews") it is still written to all of us and is just as important today as it was the day it was set forth. In truth the entire bible is just as important today as ever.

Our faith has been authored and is being finished by Christ, Israelite and Gentile alike, the only division is in the duties of each group. Heb 12:2

He comes to us in the entire book, Ps 40:7, Heb 10:9, no one part more important that the other.

The most important part is that we believe GOD, not men, believe THE WORD, not men. Eph 5:6, 2 Thes 2:3 "Let no man deceive you.......by any means." 1John 3:7. Three times for emphasis, straight from the lips of the LIVING GOD.

We don't live by the words of men, but,

(Deuteronomy 8:3) "And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD doth man live."

(Matthew 4:4) "But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God."

(Luke 4:4) "And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God."

Perhaps this is all overkill, but I don't see life accredited to the words of men anywhere in there, mostly quite the opposite.

Is that my way or the highway? Or is that GOD'S way or the highway? You decide. If this hasn't gotten it said, there is no sense wasting any more time on it.

Adieu

Boolit Master
    It's not a blind faith, that's for sure! We have miracles and witnesses to the truth that is Jesus the Christ!

Super Moderator Emeritus
    Chapel is not the place to debate or discuss theology
    Last warning

Super Moderator Emeritus
    JC I work with priests, pastors, ministers and we all respect one another know we view scripture differently respect that and work to bring folks to Christ as savior and not debate the difference between us because we know Jesus is head of the church and Lord of all.
    Our priest wishes the pope would stick to the church and stay out of political debates.

Boolit Grand Master

I'll follow Paul and state that "somewhere it says" that no one comes to Christ without the Holy Spirit first drawing (or attracting or convicting) them. In reponse to a client question I explained that 'condemnation' is what man does, the conviction of the Holy Spirit is either a sudden or dawning realization of my sin. It is more an awareness of complete helplesness than guilt. We tend to respond to man's condemnation with guilt, true or false. We respond to God with helplessness.

How is this related to faith? Even my faith is given me by God. When I am convicted of my sin (it is an ongoing process) with faith I turn to Him and confess. This, among other things, strengthens my faith. Without faith I remain helpless and overwhelmed. This is why God gives us faith.

So .. my faith is, itself, a gift of God. It's not mine, it's mine to exercise. The more I exercise it, the more I know God, the greater it is and the more I surrender to Him. The better I know Him the easier it is to practice faith. It is a dynamic process, not a thing to be dissected.

PS: False guilt = man's condemnation (family, church, etc.)
    True guilt = sin against God
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

JC I am a Baptist . I have never said anything derogatory about a Catholic or their church here. I have encouraged them to participate in the praise , encouragement and prayer here in the Chapel . You have never seen me demean ANYONE here because of their church affiliation . Pit discussions don't happen here .

Moderator Emeritus

Faith is like the wind you cant hold it yet it is there....when I gave my life over to Jesus my worries became less and my faith grew. Faith is on your heart and permeates your soul and God smiles!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

The great people of the Bible all endured hardship and suffering to (as I see it) to shape their life and hone off the rough edges of their personality, to refine their insight to who God is and to know what our role in life is.
    God doesn't give us his gift of everlasting life and then let us go on our merry way. No, God wants as many people to receive his gift of love and salvation as possible before his return. This is you job as a Christian.
    Just as a sculptor will turn a rock into a great work of art, God does the same thing to those who believe and have faith in him, he chips away the things that are not needed in your life to make a better and more righteous person out of you. At times it's hard and sometimes painful but always rely on you FAITH and keep your eyes on Him.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Quote Originally Posted by Hickory View Post
    The great people of the Bible all endured hardship and suffering to (as I see it) to shape their life and hone off the rough edges of their personality, to refine their insight to who God is and to know what our role in life is.
    God doesn't give us his gift of everlasting life and then let us go on our merry way. No, God wants as many people to receive his gift of love and salvation as possible before his return. This is you job as a Christian.
    Just as a sculptor will turn a rock into a great work of art, God does the same thing to those who believe and have faith in him, he chips away the things that are not needed in your life to make a better and more righteous person out of you. At times it's hard and sometimes painful but always rely on you FAITH and keep your eyes on Him.
    Thank you .

Quote Originally Posted by Preacher Jim View Post
    JC I work with priests, pastors, ministers and we all respect one another know we view scripture differently respect that and work to bring folks to Christ as savior and not debate the difference between us because we know Jesus is head of the church and Lord of all.
    Our priest wishes the pope would stick to the church and stay out of political debates.
    Well put!

Quote Originally Posted by Boaz View Post
    JC I am a Baptist . I have never said anything derogatory about a Catholic or their church here. I have encouraged them to participate in the praise , encouragement and prayer here in the Chapel . You have never seen me demean ANYONE here because of their church affiliation . Pit discussions don't happen here .
    If you notice, I didn't point fingers at anyone in particular. Don't take it to heart.

Super Moderator Emeritus
    JC I am a Southern Baptist pastor. Shock you well that is where to Lord Jesus placed me. I never intended to be a pastor I studied theology and Bible not to be a pastor. Strange how the Lord puts us in strange places to serve Him. My only concern is for all to come to a personal relationship to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast