RepackboxLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Wideners

Thread: Hats Off to Delta Airlines

Boolit Master

Hats Off to Delta Airlines

My son is getting deployed in September from ND. We bought tickets to fly and visit him. Well, his deployment was changed last week. My wife called Delta to change our flights. When Delta heard the story, they waived the $200 per ticket change fee, found new flights, and we actually ended up with a $120 credit. Very helpful people, and they apparently appreciate the military.

Boolit Master
    I'm still pissed at Delta for when they wouldn't wave the change fees when my mother-in-law died and my wife and her sister were overseas. Ended up costing me over $1000 to get them back for the funeral.
    Make no mistake -- They will remember how easily you surrendered your rights.

Boolit Master
    That's typically what I hear happens, but this time, they did come through.

Boolit Grand Master

Good morning
    Then there was the time a Delta flight was late leaving the airport in Lima due to a mechanical failure. Arrived in Atlanta an hour late so we missed our connector to Indianapolis by 10 minutes. So now it is 12:30 at night and they smilingly dumped us and 30 others in a shut down airport with no where to go. No place to buy a cup of coffee and cold to boot. Stood under a ceiling heater vent for near an hour. Finally drug a seat section down to our warm spot. Took plastic bottles into the rest room to fill with hot water to help keep my wife and a young mom with a baby warm. At 5 am an employee chewed us out for "moving airline property".
    Have not flown that outfit for near 25 years.
    Mike in Peru
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Boolit Grand Master

All of the major carriers are inconsistent. I've flown 25k w/ Delta and 50k w/ United so far this year. Had issues w/ both of them. I'm glad Delta came through for the OP. That's how it should have been handled. But it depends on who you get on the phone.

Delta is serious about using biometric data to fly w/ them in the future. I will not be giving them my fingerprints just so I can have the "privilege" of using their planes. I fully expect the mass of sheep to willfully hand it over so they wait thirty seconds less in a line. I will stop now so I don't derail the thread. I'm really glad Delta did the right thing for the OP.

Boolit Master
    It looks like we got the right agent at the right time. Believe me, I'm not a fan of airlines, or even flying, but this time it was good.

It is good when the responsible agent waves what is a discretionary charge. I've had issues with all, Delta the least of the majors. United the worst

Boolit Grand Master
    Don't
    Expect
    Luggage
    To
    Arrive

Boolit Master
    Just posting about a positive experience. Hope I didn't ruin anyone's weekend.

Boolit Grand Master

It's nice to see a positive experience. I could fill forums up w/ the issues I've had over the past two years. A work week where I get to drive to site and not fly is a rarity. The TSA decided to make everyone's life harder a week or two ago so I hate flying even more now.

Grouchy Old Curmudgeon

I'm glad it turned out well for you. I've always wondered when hearing all the horror stories about airline treatment and think.....who designs a business model where your customers hate you or like the miners troubles a model that your employees hate you? Your business is only as good as your customers or employees. I've always taken very good care of people who worked for me and people we worked for.