Snyders JerkyRepackboxTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationLoad DataWideners
Lee Precision Reloading Everything

Thread: Foolproof electronic gun

Boolit Master

Foolproof electronic gun

I was just over on GunsAmerica.com and found a article about this smart young man with about 10 or 20 thousand dollars of test equipment. And he bought a Smart un. He found that for a few bucks he could make a signal generator that would block the signal from the watch that is suppose to control the gun. Then he found out that the gun uses an electromagnet to block the firing pin. He went out to the local hardware story and bought 3 1 inch super magnets and glued them to a 6 inch piece of broomstick. Now when he touches the left hand side of the frame where the electromagnet is mounted and the gun will fire as long as the super magnets are on the frame. Real smart.
    Ole Jack
    "'Necesity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of Tyrants: it is the creed of slaves."
    William Pitt, 1783
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we faulter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln.

Moderator Emeritus

I believe that foolproof and electronic should not be used in the same paragraph.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Nope, too many waysays to screw up and defeatna smart gun. I want as dumb a Gun as I s can get....

If we just had smart and responsible operators the world would be a better place
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Boolit Bub
    I've seen the same video you're talking about. It is a perfect example of how easily the guns can be hacked for lack of better words. I'll never trust my safety or the safety of my loved ones to a smart gun. Add a computer and it's just one more thing that can malfunction or be corrupted when you need it most.

Boolit Master

I have been thinking about the hacking thing too. How could anyone fit enough electronics into the handle of a semi-auto that could stop a determined electronics tech or an engineer for that matter. If the russians can hack the DNC, someone with a bit of talent can crack a pistol lock. And for that matter maybe they will find a way to lock the owner out of his own weapon. I will stick to my mechanical devices and my own judgement in a shooting situation.
    Ole Jack
    "'Necesity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of Tyrants: it is the creed of slaves."
    William Pitt, 1783
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we faulter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln.