MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingLoad DataTitan Reloading
RepackboxLee PrecisionRotoMetals2PBcastco
Wideners Inline Fabrication

Thread: Was I Scammed by Castboolits on Team Boolit Renewal?

Boolit Bub

Was I Scammed by Castboolits on Team Boolit Renewal?

Dont no were else to post this but my paypal account was charged $40 for membership renewel after I emailed gunloads.com prior to the renewel notice and requested to have the membership and all donations threw pay pal be stopped on 7-24-17 and was charged today 7-27-17.
    I have filed a dispute with paypal for the charge. I dont expect to get anywere except maybe have my post deleted and perhaps banned from castboolits. feels like your hands are in my pocket. I want to stop all automatic payments/withdrawls from my paypal acount. any help would be greatly apreaciated. I have also contacted paypal on how to stop unwanted charges on my account. Gues we will wait and see.
    _ROGER THAT_

Boolit Grand Master

You can stop automatic renewal directly through PayPal. I just did it w/ my Photobucket account. It's also how I stopped payment to Gunloads when I no longer wanted to donate.

ADMIN

It's not Gunloads doing it.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...manage-paylist

That link should take you to the PayPal section that deals with subscriptions.

Once you approve the payment PayPal automatically sends it every year.

So it's PayPal doing it to you.

Boolit Bub

OK thanks I already took care of It, thanks for the tip, to Bad I couldnt get a responce from gun load.com when I made the request to cancel days ago. Same as stealing to me, gunloads.com could of advised me on what I needed to do before I was charged the $40.
    _ROGER THAT_

ADMIN

Did you contact the owner of CB?

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by foxhole View Post
    OK thanks I already took care of It, thanks for the tip, to Bad I couldnt get a responce from gun load.com when I made the request to cancel days ago. Same as stealing to me, gunloads.com could of advised me on what I needed to do before I was charged the $40.
    It is not stealing. They tell you up front it's a recurring charge. You agreed to this. Gunloads isn't a large corporation w/ customer service reps that are only a phone call away. Cancelling a few days before renewal didn't give them enough time. But it wasn't their fault anyway since you agreed to a recurring payment through PayPal.

Boolit Bub

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    It is not stealing. They tell you up front it's a recurring charge. You agreed to this. Gunloads isn't a large corporation w/ customer service reps that are only a phone call away. Cancelling a few days before renewal didn't give them enough time. But it wasn't their fault anyway since you agreed to a recurring payment through PayPal.
    Yes, I call it steeling when I asked them to stop charging me months ago and as resent as a few days ago, I didnt no about canciling threw paypal,I do now! And I have never received a response from Gunloads.com ,Is willie in charge over there?, even when I emailed months ago about cansiling,NO RESPONSE! But all is good now. thanks for the link above.
    _ROGER THAT_

Boolit Bub

Quote Originally Posted by hatch View Post
    did you contact the owner of cb?
    45nut?
    _ROGER THAT_

ADMIN

Ken hasn't owned this board since 2012

No_1 is the owner of CB.

Bottom line is your the one that has to cancel your subscription using PayPal.
    Gunloads doesn't take money from you. PayPal does.
    They do it because you agreed to the subscription.
    Yes Gunloads may of received payment from you but it's your own fault that it was sent.

As far as Gunloads.com not reponding, Willy (the owner of Gunloads and the person who hosts CB) operates multiple boards. It does not surprise me if you didn't get a answer in a couple days. Willy is busy.

As far as months ago you wanting to cancel, well I am gonna call bull on that.
    Why would you want to cancel months ago?
    You wanted to cancel when you were notified that you were about to be charged.
    That would of been about a week prior to being charged.
    If you asked on the board how to cancel you would of gotten the same response you got today.

Why would CB staff delete this thread? Why would you be banned?
    You not the first member that has had issues with PP renewing them when they didn't want too.

I strongly suggest that you don't imply that Gunloads or Cast Boolits stole anything from you.
    if you continue to do so you will get a infraction.

Moderator Emeritus

there is a FAQ thread about this.
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...d-Subscription
    Only the paypal account holder can cancel a paypal subscription.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master

Scammed? Not exactly the correctly terminology for not reading the fine print. I have fallen victim to this on more than one occasion. As for Castboolits, my previous donations were all in the form of a paper check. No problems with them. Others? Now, I am VERY careful of FINE PRINT. When in doubt, throw it out. There are some very useful times to use a "paper check".

Boolit Master

Paypal did the same to me a month ago. They dinged my credit card 99.95 for an automatic renewal of my subscription to AVG Antivirus.

The rub here is that I don't even have a subscription to that product LET ALONE an auto renewal.

I did manage to get the money back but I am really worried about paypal. I am seriously considering canceling it.

Apparently they will just send my money to anyone that asks for it. (don;t get any ideas!!)
    First reload: .22 Hornet. 1956.
    More at: http://reloadingtips.com/

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the
    government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    - Henry Ford

it is things like this is why I will not do pay pal and another reason I will not let someone else control my money D Crockett

ADMIN

Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    there is a FAQ thread about this.
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...d-Subscription
    Only the paypal account holder can cancel a paypal subscription.

Thanks Jon, I didn't even check to see if there was a FAQ.

Cast Boolits Owner

To end this now......

Neither Castboolits, Myself, The Webmaster, Staff, or Moderators "pull, take, and/or steal" money from anyone's account whether it is PAYPAL or any other source. When you set up a recurring charge through PAYPAL, PAYPAL sends money to whomever you have designated as the receiver on the anniversary of the charge. It is up to you to cancel the payment through PAYPAL as we: The owner, The Webmaster, The Staff, and The Moderators have NO CONTROL over your PAYPAL account. Do not blame us for your inattention to details when signing up for a for any subscription or your inability to manage your subscriptions or funds.

Heck, you don't even know who runs the place, you didn't bother utilizing the "contact us" form on the site so we could help you work your problem out, you didn't bother reading the FAQ in regards to Cancelling Castboolit Subscriptions. How can you blame us?
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

CEO/CFO GunLoads Gunload Master's Avatar
    Just to be clear on this subject, I have just checked my e-mails (which I currently have 9675 in que) I got an e-mail from you on Monday then one today on Thursday. I am very slow on e-mail response and I apologize for that. Just have a lot to try and get caught up on. I will NEVER steal or take money without anyones permission. It's not possible and I would never do it. Subscriptions are just that subscriptions which are yearly in the print. If you ever want to quite doing it just cancel it via Paypal is the easiest way.
    Per your request I have refunded all funds and I have given you a free subscription for a year so there's no hard feelings. I will always make it right no matter what! You have my word and it's right here in writing.
    -Willy Snyder
    http://GunLoads.com

Become a Supporting Member by joining TEAM BOOLITS!