Reloading EverythingWidenersLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxLoad DataSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 Titan Reloading

Thread: What Should I Expect?

Boolit Master

What Should I Expect?

So Iv'e been playing with paper patching a little bit and I am impressed with the loading and shooting. I don't know if I shoot be impressed with the groups though.
    This set of target was 5 loads with one bullet and 4 loads with another. All shot at 50 yards with the rig pictured.
    Should I be looking for more accuracy? Am I limited to what my sights can do for me and I shouldn't freak out over trying to shrink my group a ton? Spend more time shooting and less fiddling with the powder charges?
    Either way I think I'm hooked on paper patch only for my 45/70. Thanks for all of the help guys!

Boolit Master
    Looks good to me ,but keep fiddling that"s the fun part and you will do better ! More molds /lead /boolit weights/sizing/wads/lubes (never ends)

Adjust your sights and it's probably a couple grains one way or the other in your powder charge.
    The groups are very consistent in relation to your aim point which is half the battle IMO.
    How fast in succession did you shoot these targets? You will not see the true capability of your loads until you slow down and work on your breathing and trigger control then move out to longer ranges.

Boolit Master

Sounds like a good idea. I'm going to mess with the second load in the series and see what I can do with that and more trigger time.