Lee PrecisionLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Repackbox
Reloading Everything

Thread: Loadmaster shell plate for .45 Auto Rim

Boolit Master

Loadmaster shell plate for .45 Auto Rim

It has been years since I ran a group buy.

I am interested in having Lee make a 13L shell plate for the Loadmaster press such that I can load .45 Auto Rim on my Loadmaster presses. Lee makes a .45 Auto Rim shell plate to fit their smaller progressive press, but not the Loadmaster. I inquired of Lee, and they responded that it would cost me a $150 set-up fee, and $30 per shell plate. Shipping would be another $15 or so. Since all I have is Starline .45 Auto Rim brass, I would send them that brass as samples to cut the plates for. No idea of when delivery would be.

I'm willing to eat the $150 set-up fee, and wondered how many people would want to tag along? People who don't want to publicly say they have a Loadmaster can PM me.

Boolit Master
    It's awfully tempting. I have never loaded a auto rim before, but I have a 1917 that could use a few. How long you gonna give this "venture".
    "What makes you think I care" ........High Plains Drifter

Rick C.

Boolit Master

I'll probably think about it for awhile. I posted it on several websites where .45 auto revolver shooters would see it, and you're the first person to tell me you are interested.

The price is ridiculous. A .45 AR shell plate for the lesser Lee Pro 1000 progressive is available, and you can buy the whole Pro 1000 press for what this plate will cost me. A turret press has also been recommended to me as an alternative.

Boolit Master
    Dang...........I woulda thought that 2 or 3 or maybe even 4 or 5 would have said "Maybe".
    "What makes you think I care" ........High Plains Drifter

Rick C.