Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLee Precision
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2WidenersLoad Data
Reloading Everything Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The man who says, "There is no God....

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    Until you really suffer, I do not believe you will find God. That is what did it for me. Intelligence has almost nothing to do with it. In fact, intelligence can and will get in the way.
    Don you are 100% correct . If it gets bad enough you WILL seek GOD . But GOD will require faith not just someone looking for a one time favor . He knows what is in your heart .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Master

What is the alternative to in believing in a God?
    Believe in the "Big Bang"? Now that takes a lot faith because that theory can be shot all to pieces with facts.
    One of the atheist said that 167 million generations ago your grandpaw was a fish. Yeah I just can't reason that.

Moderator Emeritus

I understand, but increasingly, it seems the "Big Bang" is indeed the way that God chose to bring all that is into existence. It's been theorized that all the universe was crammed into a ball less than the size of one, single atom, but that strikes me as less credible than that it came into being from nothingness. But that's just my take on it, and science marches on. My great argument with current science is that it's not getting its word out very well at all. Let someone come up with some obviously willful "theory" that God couldn't possibly exist, and it's all over the various media. But let science come up with many, many, many resons TO believe, and .... it's uniformly ignored. Fox News has given voice on occasion to guys like Hugh Ross and some others who ably opine that God MUST be there on account of all that science has discovered over the last 50 years or so, but even that is pretty short shrift for such a universally consequential message! It's not that science hasn't progressed, and progressively come up with more and more and more findings that all seem to indicate that God MUST be involved in the creation and maintenance of the universe we live in, it's simply that this info hasn't been spread nearly as well or as thoroughly as those "opinions" and "theories" of the atheists.

We know SO much more than we used to, back when many proclaimed that science was "proving" that God could not possibly and rationally exist! But the big problem is, the info isn't being disseminated effectively, and many STILL think that science and religion are at odds with one another, rather than each supporting the other, as is really the case now.

Darwin's theories are increasingly being disproven, and even in his own field of archaeology, it has been pretty well proven that life does NOT develop slowly by minute changes in life forms, but that it developed in a veritable explosion of new species within a very short amount of time, geologically speaking. So Darwinism, as originally outlined, has been SO overwhelmingly disproven that those who are dead set on STILL believing a very worn out theory, have taken to "modifying" the theory so as to allow for what has proven true over the last century and more since Darwin first published his "Origin of Species."

And yes, details matter whenever you're REALLY searching for the simple, plain, honest Truth! Most folks don't read very many, if ANY, books after they graduate from high school or college. This is really unfortunate because our knowledge is literally "exploding" at a rate faster than it's ever expanded before! Truly fascinating and sometimes puzzling things have been proven to occur, and only very few folks ever get to even read about it! But .... "Seek and ye shall find," and I long ago began believing that science would eventually come right up to the threshold of PROVING that God indeed does and MUST exist. And so it's proven out, and for some time now.

In another post, I link to a youtube video about matters like these, and at one point in it, it's observed that the universe seems to be DESIGNED so that we CAN discover these "proofs of God!" And in case many haven't noticed, atheists have kind'a distanced themselves now, from CLAIMING that science disproves God's existence. How much greater indication do people need for them to know that atheism is a simple matter of the human will deciding it doesn't WANT to believe, and NOT a "rational conclusion!"

I think it's kind'a interesting, at the very least, that these revelations of science come at this particular juncture in time, when so many are denying and doubting, and when believers are separating themselves out in ever smaller groups so as to be almost totally ineffective at achieving any real "pull" in our government! And a gov't that turns its back on God, will soon have God turn His back on THEM! God forbid that day ever comes to the USA!!!! But it can. Other once great nations have fallen when they got too haughty, and credited themselves rather than the blessings of God for their stature and plenty! We won't fare one whit better if WE follow that pattern. And what scares me is that history DOES indeed "repeat itself," and when it does, it always seems to be the same old human weaknesses and foibles that tends to create these great falls. People also tend to think that however things are now, if they're good, will ALWAYS stay that way. This is so obviously willful and wishful thinking that it ought never to exist, but .... I point you to history. "Oh what a horrid web we weave, when first we practice to deceive," especially when we deceive our own selves! I pray for this country, and a great revival, and a return to the Lord, and all that's good. Without it, our demise is likely not nearly as far off as we'd like to think.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    Until you really suffer, I do not believe you will find God. That is what did it for me. Intelligence has almost nothing to do with it. In fact, intelligence can and will get in the way.
    Not everyone responds the same way to circumstances. Some people draw near to God in bad times. Other people forsake God in bad times.

The mature Christian sticks with God through it all.

"I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content." Philippians 4:11

Boolit Master
    I've been low enough that the only way to look was up... Dale

Me too dale.

I have 2 brothers and a sister who are successful. Well off, big houses, business's, law firms. Friends all over, listened to by the leaders, movers, and shakers.

And then there are guys like me who define success as getting up one more time than we are knocked down.

I'm not complaining, my house is paid for, we owe no one anything except the City of Fargo made us cut down a cottonwood tree in our front yard last year. 27 foot around it at the base. So they say I owe them 2600$ for the tree cutting.

I say you can tack in onto my specials and get it back over 20 years. Maybe, if we are still here. Or maybe you can get it from my Grandkids if they ever sell the house.

Yeah we could pay it off tomorrow. Not giving them the satisfaction. Come on end of the world, hurry up. I wanna see the City of Fargo go belly up so I can flip them the bird one last time before I go.

Last man standing, that is the plan. And if I don't make it, well its been a good ride.

Curious--did you get the wood, or did they take it?

Moderator Emeritus

You know, that could be a really interesting legal battle! If they took the wood, then they may have had a right to cut the tree if it was interfering with some vital community service, but they did NOT have the right to "steal" the wood from you! Might be a good way to "play" with them, and get them to cancel your "debt" to them. Too often, these idiotic things get to be ego matches, and when they want to quibble about the "little things," sometimes, your own quibbling about some OTHER "little things" can tire them out, and make them involuntarily quit their nonsense. Sometimes, at least!

They took the wood but waived the dumping fee's for it.

In the end I think it all boils down to a nosy fussy neighbor who is a neat freak. I caught her on my property several times and threatened to have her arrested for tresspass.

So she has taken to calling the city of fargo when she wants something.
    Seems every year another letter arrives telling me I have to do something, change something, or stop doing something. I think she has been calling them and complaining.

The next one comes I am going to get a lawyer and get all the paperwork on all those complaints and go before a judge looking for an injunction.

Very interesting. Well, what I was thinking is that wood has value. Doesn't matter if it's only firewood, it has a value, and it was a big tree. And it was your tree, and your wood, so I think that they've been paid. Even-Steven. I bet a good lawyer would see it the same way, and a letter to the city council (or whatever you've got there) laying out the principle involved and threatening to charge them for the wood would soon bring agreement.

And let's not forget, in addition to the value of the wood, the ascetic and sentimental values the tree presented, the value of which is hard to calculate.

Boolit Master

Sunrises & sunsets: Colorful displays that call attention to the fact that God raised an often inadequate shield of atmosphere and magnetism against the lethal solar and interstellar radiation that God is constantly shooting at us.

The theological implication then is that God is either schizophrenic or there's more than one god who are at odds with each other. In the latter case, it would seem that the god who made Earth is the lesser of the two.
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigslug View Post
    Sunrises & sunsets: Colorful displays that call attention to the fact that God raised an often inadequate shield of atmosphere and magnetism against the lethal solar and interstellar radiation that God is constantly shooting at us.

The theological implication then is that God is either schizophrenic or there's more than one god who are at odds with each other. In the latter case, it would seem that the god who made Earth is the lesser of the two.
    It's entertaining sometimes the things you hear from an atheist...you might just be right on about some things...

Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

One third of the Angels fell from the heavens long ago...so what do we really know about 'who and how many' did what?
    All of that played out in the 'Antediluvian' world that is almost completely kept hidden from the human race...sorta like Giants.
    They have been dug up all over the world, especially America. They too have been secreted away from mankind. If it were common knowledge it would point to the truth in Scripture and bring daily Glory to the Father in Heaven.

You don't think the 'Prince of the Power of the Air' is going to stand for that do you. At at least 'not' while he is playing the little 'g' god and we're still behind enemy lines.

Look up and rejoice...our Savior is near, even at the door! Hallelujah!
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bigslug View Post

This is an ancient theological conclusion. Since seemingly contradictory things happen, there must be multiple gods.

This was countered by God, "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one." Although the Bible teaches there is a Triune God, the members within the Trinity have a single goal and totally complimentary methods.

Bigslug, your post brings to mind the four blind men trying to describe an elephant. You seem to be describing the tail.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Moderator Emeritus

Slug, nobody here can make you believe, nor should anyone try to. But if you really want the simple Truth, all you have to do is ask. If you continue to sit and declare that you already HAVE all the "truth" that you want, then you're beyond even God's reach, because He has set Himself a rule, that allows ALL people to decide for themselves whom they'll follow and whether they even WANT the real Truth or not. Man has been declaring that God doesn't exist for millenea, but even science now, comes right up to the threshold of proving that He MUST exist. But nobody has to accept that. All knowledge is voluntary, and we can accept or reject it, as it suits us to do so. The only thing I can't figure out is why anyone would prefer false info to the reality that is so easily accessible. But there are a lot of things I don't understand. But the big thing, I DO have down pretty well pat. And that's enough for me. But each of us gets to make these decisions for our own selves, in our own way, for our own reasons, and in our own good time.

I truly wish you well. You're too intelligent and daring a man to maintain your atheism forever. I just hope you live long enough to see what's right there in front of you. God be with you, whether you accept Him right now or not.

Boolit Master

GOD speaks to his followers and they hear Him.
    The Devil speaks to his children and they hear him too.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Quote Originally Posted by Hickory View Post
    GOD speaks to his followers and they hear Him.
    The Devil speaks to his children and they hear him too.
    Yep...but they never tell the children that the Devil is the FATHER OF ALL LIES !

Boolit Master

Heck, that wasn't even one of my particularly atheistic posts; that one is more "The polytheistic Greeks may have had a better grasp on the universe than the Judeo/Christian/Muslim sects do."

So more of a question to the pre-conceived notions of monotheism, if you will. Polytheism doesn't particularly work for me either, but it smells more like truth than Man is the Apple of the One God's Eye. Even if it was all divinely constructed, there's a fair number of pointers that it wasn't necessarily all divinely constructed FOR US, which in turn points to the possibility of multiple contractors. OR, we're a WAY smaller cog in the One's great machine that even the most humble give us credit for, and sucking up to the boss is pointless. Hence, no desire to spend time on Him/Them whether He/They are real or not.

So, now y'all know what might go through an atheist's mind when contemplating solar events through dark lenses and SPF-50.
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

There is no doubt that you are entitled to your opinion. But you'll have to forgive those of us who are believers, because to us His presence and creation is so obvious.

I recently moved to the mountains, where I took the sunset photos. So far only one neighbor has made himself known. He came by to visit and we sat on the front porch consuming a couple of beverages. I made a remark about the beauty of God's creation and he came back with, "I don't believe in God." I replied, with a wave of the arm, "How do you suppose all of this came about? Just an accident?"
    He kind of choked a little, hesitated, then said, "Well, I think there's a power. I think the power is all around us. But I don't think it's God."

Some folks, as they say, "can't see the forest for the trees." God's presence and creation is undeniable.

The Holy Spirit encourages us to pray for them...any more, that's all they get from me.

I think it'd be more productive arguing with a stump...at least the stump lacks the arrogance that the ignorant have an excess of.

The day is coming and is ever closer when the 'winnowing will begin'.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast