Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingLee Precision
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingWidenersRepackbox
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky

Thread: Crosman 2240 pistol

Crosman 2240 pistol

Just received my new 2240 22cal. single shot (bolt) CO2 pistol. For the price range I'm impressed with this gun. Pyramyd tests said they got eighty shots on one 12g CO2 so I thought I'd give one a try. What I found is that what feels like a full charge shot is around forty shots, not to bad judging by the shot count of some of my .177 CO2 guns. I get 60 or so useable shots before changing out the cylinder The gun has a comfortable grip that fits my hand and it has enough weight to it to feel like a real handgun. I like it. Gp

Boolit Master
    An excellent design. Time tested and with unusually high power for such a low cost CO2 gun.

If I did not already have an S&W78g and a Crosman Mk1 the 2240 would be next on my list. Had my eye on a Sheridan of similar design but I expect the bidding go too high for me.

Quote Originally Posted by gpidaho View Post
    Just received my new 2240 22cal. single shot (bolt) CO2 pistol. For the price range I'm impressed with this gun. Pyramyd tests said they got eighty shots on one 12g CO2 so I thought I'd give one a try. What I found is that what feels like a full charge shot is around forty shots, not to bad judging by the shot count of some of my .177 CO2 guns. I get 60 or so useable shots before changing out the cylinder The gun has a comfortable grip that fits my hand and it has enough weight to it to feel like a real handgun. I like it. Gp
    When I chrony mine it started to fall off at 40 shoots . The next 10 were still good shoots and the next 10 where still useable but getting weak . They are good shooters for the price for sure . I put a cart eliminator in mine and tether it to a HPA bottle regulated to 1000 psi . Had 7 inch .177 barrel on it .But I just pulled it and put a 12 inch .177 barrel on it . Put a mountain air trigger spring and guide and the trigger is set at 2 pounds . I did shorten the spring to 1 3/8 to get there . Marvin

Boolit Mold
    You can't have too many air pistols. I have two S&W 79G's, Crosman Mark 1, Crosman 600, Crosman 115, two 2240's, 2250, Marauder pistol, Sheridan E20, Crosman 2289, two 1377's converted to .22 and a few more I won't list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multigunner View Post
    An excellent design. Time tested and with unusually high power for such a low cost CO2 gun.

If I did not already have an S&W78g and a Crosman Mk1 the 2240 would be next on my list. Had my eye on a Sheridan of similar design but I expect the bidding go too high for me.

Boolit Master
    also consider ambient air temp and temp of CO2 cart. This all plays into the number of shots, velocity and such.
    I can get 60 good shots out of most of my co2 pistols IF i shoot slow and on warm days.
    If i try to shoot fast when the temp drops into the 70s after 40 shots things go out...

Boolit Master
    I did some basic power mods on my S&W 78g. It was getting about 400 FPS with 35 good shots per capsule and two or three more reduced velocity shots. First I replaced the exhaust valve with a MAC 1 Hot Valve, which allows faster more efficient gas flow, this alone improved velocity substantially without reducing shot count. Then I found I had several springs salvaged from discarded air soft springers that were exactly the same diameter as the S&W striker spring but noticeably stronger. Installing ne of these Increased preload and striker fall strength a lot. Now the 78g is getting well over 500 FPS near as I can guesstimate , punching very deep well defined dents in camp gas cylinders like they were hit very hard by a tack hammer and sending them flying like soup cans. It can shred a 1/2" fence plank in no time and breeze through 1" particle board like it wasn't there.

This reduced shot count per CO2 capsule quite a bit. I now get exactly 26 shots per capsule with only the last two shots showing noticeable reduction in velocity. The last shot exhausts the gas completely.

I plan to reduce the spring strength later as soon as I get a chance to chronograph it properly in this configuration.
    I suspect that reducing striker fall just a bit will have little effect on velocity since the 8 inch barrel is simply not long enough to get the full benefit of all that gas, a lot is being wasted as is.
    I figure I can still get the present level of performance with a shot count of 30 per capsule.