RepackboxWidenersRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Inline FabricationLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Reloading Everything Lee Precision
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Last Kmart closing

Boolit Grand Master

When I was young, we drove 44 miles to the nearest K Mart and Sears. It was a real treat not to have to go to a different store for clothes, toys, tools, and yard supplies.
    We usually made the trip at least once a year before school started or before Christmas.
    As a young married couple K Mart, Sears, Bradford, Sky City, and several other such stores discovered our dollar base and moved close by.
    In the last 15 years, everyone but Sears is gone and now we have WalMart.
    Although I long for the smaller stores because of walking issues, I can find almost everything needed under one roof, and if the electric cart doesn't die, do it without much walking.
    I will say that Walmart ( 5 stores in 8 miles) has a price match program that gives me back the difference if they find a local better price on most of my receipt. They have free store pickup for most anything I order, or home delivery for a small fee.
    The times, they are a changing !!!!!
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Master
    We have a Sears and a Kmart here In NJ. Sears never anyone Inside. K mart is holding It's Own. Whenever dollar store move In, It is a sign the Area is Down and out and a Influx of Broke people
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    New York, the Empire State Where Empires were Won and Lost

Boolit Master

I avoid also because they are cash only. Anymore today I do everything on plastic. To many benefits and few, non mitigatable downsides.

I have nothing personally against also, irrelevant of the owner...just a convenience issue for me.

Boolit Master
    Good riddance!!! They can't shut them up fast enough to suit me! Read up on the hole (CEO) that's at the helm of that sinking stinking ship and you'll agree! He ruined plundered and pillaged an American icon! When Sears sold off craftman to B&D I knew they where done for!

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by abunaitoo View Post
    The last Kmart on island is closing.
    Kind of sad.
    I liked to shop at Kmart more than Walmart.
    I hope Sears can rebound.
    Grew up with Sears.
    Christmas catalog was the best.
    Your going to run out of places to purchase stuff that doesn't cost an arm and leg! Lol

I went to Maui the last two years on vacation and saw the Sears there. Managed the auto center here in my town till i closed it last month. I checked on managing and being the district manager in HI and VS the cost of living it would be very hard to make the boat float.

I can't talk politics and don't want to slander but I'm pretty confident you will not see either around by the end of next year.

If you have a Sears auto center on your island and find out they're closing go in and talk to the manager as they will sell you all new, unused wheel weights for practically nothing.

I acquired all my lead and probably never need to look for any again in my lifetime.

P.s. I also learned quickly to release any sharks in your state.
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 07-26-2017 at 06:42 PM.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundguy View Post
    I avoid also because they are cash only. Anymore today I do everything on plastic. To many benefits and few, non mitigatable downsides.

I have nothing personally against also, irrelevant of the owner...just a convenience issue for me.
    From the website:

Q. What forms of payment are accepted at ALDI stores?
    A. We welcome cash, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, most debit cards, the Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) and Link cards. At this time, we do not accept checks or the Women, Infants and Children program (WIC).

I use my debit card all the time there.
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Boolit Master

That's interesting ..the store by my WalMart must not be privy to that info. They take cash or check, only.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekP Houston View Post
    From the website:

Q. What forms of payment are accepted at ALDI stores?
    A. We welcome cash, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, most debit cards, the Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) and Link cards. At this time, we do not accept checks or the Women, Infants and Children program (WIC).

I use my debit card all the time there.
    Our aldi takes all forms of payment.
    Have to ask why do you call aldi a EU store?
    I don't catch on too abreviations everyone uses anymore.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Moderator Emeritus

Sears might hang on if they drop back to their core appliance/lawnmowers/snowblowers etc items. I know the local Sears never carried much besides those and lots of tools.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    Sears might hang on if they drop back to their core appliance/lawnmowers/snowblowers etc items. I know the local Sears never carried much besides those and lots of tools.
    Our Sears closed a few years ago but left behind a "Sears Hometown." The Sears Hometown only sells appliances, yard equipment and tools. It is empty most of the time. Lowes is getting the customers these days with their better selection and lower prices. Plus, Lowes offers a military discount.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by shaner View Post
    Our aldi takes all forms of payment.
    Have to ask why do you call aldi a EU store?
    I don't catch on too abreviations everyone uses anymore.

I believe that Aldi is a German run outfit.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Plate plinker View Post
    I believe that Aldi is a German run outfit.
    Oh I knew that it was? Its a interesting story about the owner too

Boolit Master
    The local Sears here is closing too.KMart has been gone for way over 10 years.Dollar General I use as little as possible.Why?The isles are so crapped up with empty boxes,still packed merchandise and just plain junk,that it is not safe for people that have to use a cane to get around,and if a person needs to use a walker,wellllllllll just forget even going to that brand store.The help are nice and the prices are good,but other than that DG sucks.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Boolit Grand Master

There are several DGs in the area. The older one is like you describe. The others are neat are handicap accessible. The condition of the asiles is directly related to the manager and the ammount of help availsble. Many stores have only 2 workers to run the register and manage stock. The check out person can't leave the register and when a truck delivers there is very little room in back for stock. Thus until it all gets shelved, the asiles are all that's available.

Boolit Master
    All these Dollar Stores Are 95% junk.. The only Thing they Do. is drag the other Local Business down. . They are a Blite On most Neighborhoods
    The downtowns Turn into dump
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    New York, the Empire State Where Empires were Won and Lost

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by salpal48 View Post
    All these Dollar Stores Are 95% junk.. The only Thing they Do. is drag the other Local Business down. . They are a Blite On most Neighborhoods
    The downtowns Turn into dump
    Dollar General is not a dollar store. They are a very small version of Walmart. They haven't drug down any areas around here. They are opening everywhere because it's a good business model. There is one a block away from my house. It's always busy and it's convenient if you need a few items. There used to be a grocery store there and it flat out failed, multiple times.

Boolit Grand Master

Dollar general doesn't sell Buicks or John Deer equip, but they do have bread milk and paper goods at reasonable prices without having to walk half a mile.
    If all you need is a .50 get well card, why would ya do the WalMart thing?

Boolit Master

Around here we had dg, but also family dollar. They have a better selection. They care the same mouth was I use for a dollar that WalMart has for 3$

Boolit Bub
    I use to shop in Sears weekly and spent a good deal of money on Craftsman tools and other quality goods over the years. That mostly came to an end as their merchandise was offshored and mostly all turned into china ****. I did spend a few bucks there last Christmas on some gear wrench's they had killer pricing on. K Mart I gave up on years ago. I do some shopping at Walmart, mostly groceries but hate going as it usually take forever to check out. Dollar General has become a reliable go-to for a lot of household goods I use to get at Walmart. I plan on checking out Aldi's because their food prices get such excellent reviews.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    I worked for Sears from 1997-1999 and I don't think I've ever seen a company try as hard as they did to flush 100+ years of success and customer goodwill down the toilet. It's as if the decision makers said "We did it!! Our customers and employees now hate us!! Spray the champagne!!"
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123