Snyders JerkyInline FabricationLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxReloading EverythingWideners
Titan Reloading Load Data

Thread: for thought and meditation

Boolit Master

for thought and meditation

And the LORD said to Gideon, "The people who are with you are too many for Me to give the Midianites into their hands, lest Israel claim glory for itself against Me, saying, 'My own hand has saved me.'"

—Judges 7:2

The Israelites lived in fear of their enemies the Midianites. The Midianites had numbers so large, they were described in the Bible as being “as numerous as locusts” (Judges 6:5). They were everywhere, and the children of Israel were greatly outnumbered.

They needed to defeat the Midianites, but they needed someone to lead them. So God found a man named Gideon. When we’re first introduced to Gideon in Judges 6, he was hiding from his enemies, threshing wheat. Then an angel of the Lord appeared to Gideon and said, “The Lord is with you, you mighty man of valor!” (verse 12).

I can imagine Gideon looking around and saying, “Who? Are you talking to me?” If there was anything Gideon was not at that moment, it was a mighty man of valor. But through a series of events in Gideon’s life, he was transformed and became a man of great courage. He summoned the people to go into battle against the Midianites.

Then the Lord came to Gideon one day and delivered a message that I’m sure he wasn’t pleased to hear: his army was too big. Maybe Gideon said, “You’re joking! I love it when You joke, Lord! Too big! We’re already outnumbered, and we’re too big!”

But God wasn’t kidding. He didn’t want anyone to say they defeated the Midianites in their own strength. So He gave Gideon a test for the men that would thin out the ranks. In the end, Gideon was left with 300 men. And with 300 men God defeated the Midianites.

You see, our numbers don’t have to be large. God can do a lot with a little. And God can use little people to do big things. You are never too small for God to use, but you can be too big
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Boolit Master
    Too big for my britches as my granny user to say! Often times when I've given up on some one or some thing is when God steps in and shows me what HE can do! Good things to think on as always, amen!

Boolit Master

The original Special Forces.
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

He does work in mysterious ways. And from what I have seen he gets the most out of his people. A shepherd becomes a giant killer. Gideon and his 300, Moses vs Egypt.

There is a strength in unity of purpose. It is hard to stop a man who is in the right, and who just keeps coming. Take 300 who all believe the same, and you have a juggernaut.

Good Lession RL, and a good reminder for our daily lives.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    It's a fact our Lord has more times than not chosen the least likely for a task . They often whine and claim inadequacy but when put into prospective ...... How afraid would you be to wield a sword at the right hand of GOD ?
    No turning back , No turning back !

Good thoughts Boaz, but in my mind the question is, "Why, would one be afraid to wield a sword at the right hand of God"?

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Mine was a sarcastic question claude . No believer would be afraid . As to my understanding we most likely will be with him at the coming . Lord help us I hope we are .

I'd ask Joshua ?

Joshua 5;13-15

And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted up his eyes and looked, and, behold, there stood a man over against him with his sword drawn in his hand: and Joshua went unto him, and said unto him, Art thou for us, or for our adversaries?
    14 And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the Lord am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my Lord unto his servant?
    15 And the captain of the Lord's host said unto Joshua, Loose thy shoe from off thy foot; for the place whereon thou standest is holy. And Joshua did so.
    Last edited by Boaz; 07-24-2017 at 09:07 PM.
    No turning back , No turning back !

Moderator Emeritus

Ronnie, Great points. Numerous times through out the Bible the Israelite's were out numbered yet they prevailed over their adversaries. With God on your side all is possible....thanks for the lesson...Paul
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Sarcasm doesn't carry well in written form at times, however we are surely in agreement that the presence of the Lord will bring one to his knees, some times as with Daniel, it will lay one prostrate,

(Daniel 8:15-18) "¶ And it came to pass, when I, even I Daniel, had seen the vision, and sought for the meaning, then, behold, there stood before me as the appearance of a man. {16} And I heard a man’s voice between the banks of Ulai, which called, and said, Gabriel, make this man to understand the vision. {17} So he came near where I stood: and when he came, I was afraid, and fell upon my face: but he said unto me, Understand, O son of man: for at the time of the end shall be the vision. {18} Now as he was speaking with me, I was in a deep sleep on my face toward the ground: but he touched me, and set me upright."
    Last edited by claude; 07-27-2017 at 08:24 AM.