Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Load DataReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Wideners Inline Fabrication
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jacketed Velocity with Cast Bullets?

Banned

I love it when newbies exhume eight-year-old threads...

Good one, by the way.

Gear

Boolit Buddy
    Yes, newbs are here exhuming ancient threads.... (sorry guys, I'm in the process of doing just that.)

I'm heading out to the range on Friday morning (Jan. 9) to test some paper patched bullets at jacketed bullet speeds, so I'll check back in if/when I get back from the range.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by geargnasher View Post

Good one, by the way.

Gear
    It is good! It just means they are digging deep for information instead of asking questions multiple times. It is kinda funny when they don't look at the date, and post like the last post was yesterday.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by xacex View Post
    It is good! It just means they are digging deep for information instead of asking questions multiple times. It is kinda funny when they don't look at the date, and post like the last post was yesterday.
    Having been guilty of asking newb questions without doing research, I figured that a topic as technically complex as a paper patch (which can't POSSIBLY be all that difficult...) will have been covered satisfactorily by now. I've found answers to _most_ of my questions, so now I'll try to contribute to the existing body of knowledge.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TomBulls View Post
    Having been guilty of asking newb questions without doing research, I figured that a topic as technically complex as a paper patch (which can't POSSIBLY be all that difficult...) will have been covered satisfactorily by now. I've found answers to _most_ of my questions, so now I'll try to contribute to the existing body of knowledge.
    Excellent! That what this place is all about, and why it is my favorite forum out of all of them I have visited over the years. The body of knowledge, and the willingness to share it is unprecedented here.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by xacex View Post
    Excellent! That what this place is all about, and why it is my favorite forum out of all of them I have visited over the years. The body of knowledge, and the willingness to share it is unprecedented here.
    The other reason that is my all-time-ever favorite forum is because you guys have the best looking rebuilt/repaired/refinished guns I've seen anywhere on the 'net.

Boolit Master
    I will add to that. Some junk I had laying around, and put 40 hours into. Small potatoes compared to some of the work I have seen here.

Boolit Buddy
    Well, I'm back from the range. I tried firing some 190 grain paper patched bullets in my 91/30 using Reloader 15. First set of five was "okay" with a baseball sized group at 50 yards, but I expect more from the rifle. The other groups were horrifically awful, so I'll work on this again when the weather warms up and I don't have to shoot in single-digit temperatures. I don't have anything productive to report from the range trip other than how I have a lot more to learn about high velocity paper patched bullets.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by geargnasher View Post

Good one, by the way.

Gear
    You had a different math teacher than I! Post # 1 7-29-2008- your post 12-19-2014 Eight years????????
    Charter Member #148

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123