RotoMetals2Graf & SonsInline FabricationLee Precision
ADvertise hereTitan ReloadingStainLess Steel Media

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lyman No.55, but not the way you're accustomed to seeing one

Boolit Master
    One of the first trades I made over 20 years ago with my "brother from a different mother," Dale53 was for one of those early slide-type Number 55s he had owned for many years. I found it a bit less handy to adjust, but wanted it to fill a spot in my collection between the late #5 and the more commonly seen micro adjust #55. Just to show it could be done I also installed a later #55 rotor into an old #5 body I had laying around. The outer diameter of the rotors has been unchanged from the nineteen teens to the newest ones I've checked.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Char-Gar View Post
    "A couple of years back, I bought a powder measure weight from a guy that sells them on Ebay".
    Can you tell me what the overall weight is on your accessory? I would think something like that would work on most hopper type measures.
    NRA Life
    NMLRA Life
    F&AM

Boolit Man

Quote Originally Posted by mazo kid View Post
    Can you tell me what the overall weight is on your accessory? I would think something like that would work on most hopper type measures.
    The guy on eBay still makes them. He makes them for many different powder measures. Just do a search on eBay and you will find them. I've been wanting to buy one for awhile, but the funds aren't available.

Boolit Master
    Great measures, I have 7. Specially good for ball powders.

Boolit Master
    thanks for the info on the weights. just bought 1 each 55 and rcbs,

Boolit Bub
    How old is this 55? Bought it at a gun show about 15 years ago NIB. I had a 70s vintage 55 when I first got into reloading (in the mid 70s). Traded it off for unknown reasons. This is the one I use most. Also have this Redding, which is also excellent.

I own old Lyman 55, Ideal #1, #5 and duplex #6 powder measures. I use them all for loading occasionally, just for fun. They work very well, but can be tedious to get them set exactly where I want. Once set they do as good as any modern powder measures!
    But I'll stick with my Harrell's Precision for serious loading, as it's way faster, and easier to set up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12