Load DataSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationWidenersTitan ReloadingRepackbox
RotoMetals2 Reloading Everything

Thread: Lyman Tru-Line Jr. 7/8-14 Turret Conversion Available Right Now

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge

Lyman Tru-Line Jr. 7/8-14 Turret Conversion Available Right Now

I have been bugging this gentleman for what seems like a year as to when he would have Tru-Line Jr. conversion turrets available to convert to standard 7/8-14 die threading. Got an email letting me know they were ready on eBay as a "Buy It Now" for $40 plus $5 shipping. He goes by "natescustoms2012"

Tickled that I'm finally going to be able to convert both of the Jr.s that I've squirrelled back to give to my twin Grandsons one day,,,,,,,

Attachment 200207

Attachment 200208
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

That's a nice find; and your grandsons found themselves a thoughtful granddad, too.
    The first purpose of the Second Amendment is too often overlooked, fostering a liberty of mind and action necessary in the people of a free republic.

“Ironically, the only gun control in 19th century England was the policy forbidding police to have arms while on duty.”
    ~ Don B. Kates, Jr.

Hamish, Midway has the shell holder adaptor and also the primer punches,I need a sml. pr. punch, they have it, Fivefang

Boolit Buddy
    I have a True Line Jr that I converted a while back with one of the new turrets, works perfectly!

Boolit Buddy
    I bought one of these to convert another TLJ . I had bought one in the past that was steel and smooth as butter. These are aluminum and tho not as hi quality they do work .

Boolit Grand Master
    I'm still thinking I want to just rebore 1 station in an original turret head for a carbide sizing die while leaving the rest of the head undisturbed. The conversion heads seem nice, but I just don't see the advantage (on my bench, at least) of a little press with a big head. If I'm going to use full size dies, I figure they deserve a full size turret press. JMHO, of course.

Do I have and use a TL Jr? You betcha! Would I actually choose for that to be my only turret press? Not under any criteria I currently can envision. I like that old Lyman All American Turret for heavy (especially rifle) work and the TL Jr for less strenuous activities. But then again, that's me... YMMV.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Master
    Like putting a 427 engine in a Model T with no other modifications. Be careful with that gas lever!